Lied to By Customer Service | Dyson Community

Lied to By Customer Service

• 9 December 2022
  • 4 replies

After the debacle of the defective $500 vacuum, I am currently embroiled in the return farce. 

I was sent a return label for the suckless vacuum, and promptly boxed the useless lump of cheap plastic back up. Upon reading the label, I learned that it was my responsibility to drive to the nearest UPS dropoff point, or schedule pickup at MY COST!

I have no intention of doing either. 

The nearest dropoff is 30 minutes away. That’s a total of an hour driving with petrol costs being north of $4 a gallon. 

To have UPS pick up the heaping pile of trash would cost me $20. 

NOPE!

So I chatted with a CSR, who’s name I can’t mention here because of reasons, and that representative promised me that there was a pickup scheduled, gave me a number for UPS to verify and sent me on my way. 

NOPE AGAIN!

The number he gave was wrong, and when I contacted UPS they did not have a pickup scheduled. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

(Edited by moderator - Removed personal data)

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello all, and @MH5606 

We have tried working with you, to arrange either a product return, for a Dyson machine that would be more appropriate for your home (and flooring), and also offered an exchange with a discount to another product. Our leadership team has been working diligently with you here to resolve the issue. We have also respectfully asked and requested that our Community space remain a positive environment for all, and we want every user here to have an enjoyable experience. We do recognize that sometimes, issues arise. And we take care of these issues the best that we can. I’m not certain how else we can assist you here, but as I did request via DM, you are free to DM me, @Stuart who is our Community Manager, or email the US team directly, marking the email to my attention, and it will be my pleasure to see how else we can work to make things right here.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

This is a strange situation. One that I really can’t draw a conclusion on, especially as I am based in the United Kingdom and am not familiar with the purchasing terms in the United States. 

The legality surrounding a purchase has always been an interest of mine. Somewhat a stickler for knowing the agreement and conditions I accept when placing an order. 

In the United Kingdom they state that once an order is placed, m it becomes the property of the purchaser once dispatched. Furthermore if said item is delivered faulty or a return is processed under the purchase conditions, the cost of collection is absorbed by Dyson. Now this may not be the case for every country or even the US! I strongly suggest you check the website.

Based on experience with other organisations, a refund isn’t generated or actioned until the goods are returned. They can sometimes do this in situations when an order has been marked as collected by a delivery firm. 

Aside from the above. If you’ll allow me one observation. The community team have always gone above and beyond, they are however limited in what access they have and this is why they have prompted you to contact Dyson directly. It may not pay dividends to insult or discourage others from the brand based off of one incident. 

David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello all, and @MH5606 

We have tried working with you, to arrange either a product return, for a Dyson machine that would be more appropriate for your home (and flooring), and also offered an exchange with a discount to another product. Our leadership team has been working diligently with you here to resolve the issue. We have also respectfully asked and requested that our Community space remain a positive environment for all, and we want every user here to have an enjoyable experience. We do recognize that sometimes, issues arise. And we take care of these issues the best that we can. I’m not certain how else we can assist you here, but as I did request via DM, you are free to DM me, @Stuart who is our Community Manager, or email the US team directly, marking the email to my attention, and it will be my pleasure to see how else we can work to make things right here.

Best wishes,

Hello all, and @MH5606 

We have tried working with you, to arrange either a product return, for a Dyson machine that would be more appropriate for your home (and flooring), and also offered an exchange with a discount to another product. Our leadership team has been working diligently with you here to resolve the issue. We have also respectfully asked and requested that our Community space remain a positive environment for all, and we want every user here to have an enjoyable experience. We do recognize that sometimes, issues arise. And we take care of these issues the best that we can. I’m not certain how else we can assist you here, but as I did request via DM, you are free to DM me, @Stuart who is our Community Manager, or email the US team directly, marking the email to my attention, and it will be my pleasure to see how else we can work to make things right here.

Best wishes,

Kelly, 

First off you are the first person to offer. I hope you can follow through and I do intend to contact you. 

Second, this community space is a place for both positive and negative experiences. You can, but shouldn’t censor out the negative reviews. You shouldn’t ignore me simply because you don’t like that I had a terrible buying experience from Dyson. 

I cannot access your previous DM, but if you have my case information then you have access to my email address. Please message me there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @HM56 

Sending you a DM.  I look forward to helping get this resolved for you!