light pipe crevice tool, gen5detect ? | Dyson Community
Solved

light pipe crevice tool, gen5detect ?

• 12 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I purchased the advanced cleaning kit from Dyson as it was listed under the accessories for the gen5detect on the myDyson app. However the light pipe crevice tool does not work, have I received the wrong one? Is it even compatible at all? If not why is it listed in the accessories?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 December 2023, 19:18

View original

2 replies

Hi @Ben2222 , thanks for your post. To make sure the issue is not with the attachment, kindly try to attach the part directly to bin and check if it works. You will also have to attach the machine to your wand and check if it is not the connecters. If the issue continues, please feel free to reach out to our online support team. If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.  

@Ben2222  same question!! I just ordered the pipe alone because the advanced cleaning kit listed under the Gen 5 detect is always sold out! It doesn't fit and Im waiting on Dyson to tell me how to return! I’m really upset as this vacuum needs a narrow pipe crevice tool! I can’t clean in narrow spaces with this machine and for a $900.00 machine this is ridiculous. The attachment does NOT attach to the handle or the stick as indicated above. The connections are not the same. Do better Dyson..there should be a pipe crevice cleaner for every model!