model number needed so i can find a replacement power cord | Dyson Community
Solved

model number needed so i can find a replacement power cord

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I lost the power cord for my head/cool Dyson fan.  I spent 2 hours with customer service, finally was given an item number, and the number was for an air purifier!  I refuse to get on the phone, be put on  hold, and listen to the same canned message forever.  Anyone have an ideas.  The head/cool fan only has a serial number on the bottom with no model number.        

icon

Best answer by Jack 9 January 2024, 11:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @paulacastanon,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and apologies for any confusion in identifying your Dyson machine via the Helpline.

Please message me directly with a full, clear picture of the serial number sticker on the base of your machine, so I can help. If you can provide a picture of the machine itself, this would also be very useful.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you. 

Customer service told me that they did not provide parts, that they did not have the part number, and that they couldnt help me. I was appalled by their answers.

Of course perhaps the part number they gave me is interchangeable with a Dyson air purifier. I just need help. Thank you again.

Paula Castanon  

(Moderation edit - personal information removed)

sorry it is upside down 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @paulacastanon,

Thank you for your quick reply with the information requested. I’ve now removed the image of the serial number to keep this information private.

I can see from the serial number that your machine is the Dyson Pure Cool™ tower purifier fan (TP04). I’m not sure if there’s some confusion here, but this is definitely a purifier tower fan, and doesn’t include a heater function.

The replacement power cord for this machine can be ordered here. Please note, at the time of writing it’s out of stock - please use the ‘Notify me’ option, and we’ll be able to send you an email alert once more stock is available.

I hope this helps!