Need help reassembling Turbine Nozzle Floor Nozzle for CY26 CY28 966043-15 96604315 21.5 cm | Dyson Community
Solved

Need help reassembling Turbine Nozzle Floor Nozzle for CY26 CY28 966043-15 96604315 21.5 cm

• 8 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Something got stuck in the nozzle for which I actually had to disassemble it. After removing the screws I got called away, upon my return the part with the ball joint had fallen out of the the nozzle part. This is where I am having issues with: I can’t reattach it, so that it will stay in the nozzle after assembling everything, it just falls out again.

Attached please find some pictures:

1.jpg - these are the parts. Part A is to be inserted into part B and should be held in place by part c

2.jpg - Part c contains a spring, which, I suspect, is used to fixate a bolt or ball bearing?

3.jpg - shows part A being inserted into part B but still missing part C. If I am not mistaken, the yellow arrows point at an area which is slightly circle shaped. This is where the spring of part C would go and I assume, that this is where I am missing a part...

As already mentioned, I suspect that I am missing a little bolt or a ball bearing, but can’t find anything in the vicinity. Can somebody explain to me what part(s) I am missing or what I am doing fundamentally wrong in the assembly process? Thank you very much in advance!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 January 2024, 15:43

View original

3 replies

I can already answer my own question… 😂 Unbelievably, shortly after posting, I found this little white plastic part in the picture below, lying on the floor in the middle of the living room (where I did not take the nozzle apart). This was the missing part, the nozzle is already assembled. I had been scratching my head for days over this with no info on the net to be found, Just in time before I caved and had to buy a new nozzle 😃

How it suddenly came to be lying in the middle of the living room is a mystery to me. We’ve got a stone floor and my wife had vacuumed the house several times already since I took the nozzle apart. In the end, it doesn’t matter: what counts is, that I am out of the dog house now 😎

4.jpg

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @dk.dk,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - thank you for your post, and your update. I’m glad to hear you were able to find the missing component and successfully reassemble your machine’s cleaner head!

Sounds like you’re up and running again now, but you’re welcome to come back to the Dyson Community if you need any support or advice in future. 

Thanks for your kind words, Jack! I will surely be back, should I require more support. 🤙