no air from tower fan | Dyson Community
Solved

no air from tower fan

• 23 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Both of my Dyson tower fans have the same problem. No air coming out of the tower. The motor is blowing air but doesn’t come out of the blade. 

We have cleaned the blade and changed filter and cleaned the sensor. Some times one willl run fin for a few minutes and then stop.

we have spent quite a bit of money on these two fans that are sitting idle at this time. 

please help

cathy f

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 November 2021, 11:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Catefarris 

This does sound odd, especially having two machines with the same issue. 

As first glance I’d suggest reviewing the following advice/articles.

1. Have you checked on the Airflow direction? 
    • The airflow direction can either be set to rear facing or front facing. This can be changed using either the physical remote or the in-app remote feature.
    • My thinking here is that the airflow is set to come out of the rear of the unit, and you might not be picking it up when placing your hand at the front of it. 
  2. Are the two machines set in Auto mode
    • The machine will go into an idle/standby state when the machine reaches the air quality target, only reacting when they detect a decrease in the air quality.
  3. Do the machines have their Continuous monitoring turn on?
    • When active, and when the machine is in a standby state, some users may hear a low humming sound.
  4. What do the Air Quality Graphs for each machine show on the App’s home screen show?
    • For example, when in Auto mode the machines will purifier down to an Auto Target line. If the machine has met the auto target, it will enter the idle/standby state.
    • If you don’t already know how to access the graphical information, please read - Viewing your machine's air quality graphs.

These points should help you identify if the machines are operating in a particular way due to a setting or active feature, which in turn would help explain what you are experiencing.

Feel free to @Me for any follow up questions. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you Stuart. Your suggestions are very detailed and helpful. We will try these suggestions and get back with you.

Ours doesn’t have the option for changing the air flow. Just oscillate and speed.

These are the tall fans, I can’t remember the model number. Just cool, no heat.

Thank you again for your help. I know we’ll figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Catefarris

Thanks for confirming. 

I would have expected the above checks to indicate that either a setting or feature was behind the machines acting the way they have been. This is even more so in that both machines are active the same way.

I’d now suggest running through some further checks online. These are designed to be straightforward and could help to highlight why this is happening. You’ll need both your machines to hand to do this.

The best place to view this in the USA market is on our online support guide, which you can find here: https://www.dyson.com/support/air-treatment/purifiers. Please select your machine from the list. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks, 

Stuart