no airflow through air multipier loop on hot + cool fan | Dyson Community
Solved

no airflow through air multipier loop on hot + cool fan

• 6 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I have had my new Dyson hot + cool formaldehyde fan for about a week, but have noticed that I can’t feel any air flowing through the loop or out from the slit on the inside of the loop. Not sure if this is normal or my fan is faulty?

cool air flows from the front of the fan, but if I block the air multiplayer loop with a towel or sheet the airflow remains the same.

I would expect this to decrease the airflow if air was been multiplied.

any ideas what is happening?

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 7 December 2021, 22:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @am38g10 

Welcome to the community!

I had a similar experience with my machine when I first started using it. After about a week or so of light use I noticed the machine would stop oscillating whilst still making a noise as if it were blowing, but there was very little or no airflow. The airflow only increased when I cooked, blew out a candle etc...

After a lot of self troubleshooting I pinned it down to a couple of things. 

1. Auto mode - I now know the machine met it’s target and went into standby.
    • It had a low fan speed most of the time in this mode.
    • It would increase when it picked up the “fumes” from cooking etc..
  2. Continuous monitoring was turn on - The sensors were making a noise and cycling the air every now and then.
    • This was also a very low fan speed.

It sounds like your machine is working normal to me, but I’d suggest test the machine in different modes. Check the auto function, increase the fan speed and check to see if the continuous monitoring is on. I believer there are a couple of article in the Knowledge base that can help you...

Best of luck. 

David.