PH01 Humidity - How to use? | Dyson Community
Solved

PH01 Humidity - How to use?

• 24 November 2021
  • 9 replies

I just purchased my new PH01 Humidity and Air Purifier.  I was thrilled, being a huge Dyson fan but the humidifier doesn't seem to be getting enough humidity out.  I have set at 50 and it has been running full blast for about 8 hours and barely climes a percent.  My old cheapo humidifier would knock it out in an hour or less.  Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 November 2021, 14:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Caughey48

Thanks for posting a question. 

Doesn’t look like anyone on the Community has experienced the same issue as you, which in itself is a good thing. However, does mean you’ve waited a little longer to get a reply. 

Whilst not always obvious, there can be a handful of things which can prevent your machine reaching a humidity level and humidifying all together.

1. Evaporator - Has the evaporator been installed? 
    • A trickling or gurgling noise can be heard if the evaporator is missing. In this instance install it in the machine.
  2. Water tank - Check that there is sufficient water in the water tank.
  3. Display screen - If the display screen is grey in colour, the humidity will be paused. When actively humidifying it will be blue.
  4. Current humidity level and fan speed - Check on the current humidity level. If it is lower than your target, increasing the fan speed should help speed up the process

If the above criteria has been met and by increasing the overall fan speed no difference has been made, I’d recommend running a Deep Clean Cycle. Read how to do this on our Running a Deep clean cycle article.

Do bear in mind that if the machine is being used in a large open space with the windows and doors open, it may take longer to reach the humidity level.

Feel free to @Me with any follow up questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hello ...i have the same issue and i have my machine on auto for both ,the fan is running high with the auto ,but the point here that the water in the tank is not evaporating as fast as the speed of the fan and you feel cold winter time and noise all day ...i swiched to the back fan ..the tank lasts 24 hours and the humidity is in the 30s although set at 50 ... i think most have this issue but joining the community took me a while to do it .

If the water level is not going down as much as the auto fan and humidity is giving it means it's not blowing humidity in the air .1 tank last at leas 16 hours i fill it once daily when my cheap one more and used to satisfy the humidity in the air and stop and work accordingly. 

I think there should be something done .all the steps was explained was done ..i just got it in june and used it as purifier, it's excellent purifier, but when it comes to humidity it's not as good .

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello ...i have the same issue and i have my machine on auto for both ,the fan is running high with the auto ,but the point here that the water in the tank is not evaporating as fast as the speed of the fan and you feel cold winter time and noise all day ...i swiched to the back fan ..the tank lasts 24 hours and the humidity is in the 30s although set at 50 ... i think most have this issue but joining the community took me a while to do it .

If the water level is not going down as much as the auto fan and humidity is giving it means it's not blowing humidity in the air .1 tank last at leas 16 hours i fill it once daily when my cheap one more and used to satisfy the humidity in the air and stop and work accordingly. 

I think there should be something done .all the steps was explained was done ..i just got it in june and used it as purifier, it's excellent purifier, but when it comes to humidity it's not as good .

Thank you

Hi @L.k 

Thanks for posting a follow up. 

It sounds like there are two main points which you are struggling with.

1. The level of water in the tank is not decreasing at the rate you would have expected.
  2. The Humidity level is not adjusting/meeting the level you have set. 

Whilst the water in the tank will deplete at a very slow rate, we do highlight that a reasonable amount of time will need to pass before observing any change. From my experience this is anywhere between 24 - 48 hours. There are a few things that you can do however to make sure the machine is running optimally. If you’ve not already, I suggest ‘Running a Deep clean cycle’. 

Though I am confident a deep clean will resolve the issue, should it not, please visit the online Troubleshooting Support for the US market ont he following link - www.dyson.com/support. Selecting your machine from the list and choosing the ‘The machine has stopped humidifying’ and ‘The water level is not changing’ options.

The on-screen instructions will then guide you on the next course of action. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hello

Option one and 2 are right exactly what's going on ..and i have it on auto for both and on this setting the fan is working on 10 and humidity level is 37 when i set it 50

And heat is 70 ..it's not toi hot to say that it's not getting higher humidity because its hot .i got this cause it's supposed to be not noisy but running on 10 speed all day on auto setiing it's too much of a noise. 

..I'll get back to you after i do the deep cleaning .

Thank you for replying fast .

Same problem over here. Bought my PH01 last week as we are having some very dry evenings. My bedroom is 15’x15’ and I set my humidity to 50% and the humidity rating stays exactly where the outside humidity is at. Never even comes close. 

for $900 my room should feel like a rain forest if I wanted it to. I’ve done the deep cleaning. I’ve done the checks. The pump is working. I’ve also foolishly thrown out the box so I can’t return this. Hopefully there’s a fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Same problem over here. Bought my PH01 last week as we are having some very dry evenings. My bedroom is 15’x15’ and I set my humidity to 50% and the humidity rating stays exactly where the outside humidity is at. Never even comes close. 

for $900 my room should feel like a rain forest if I wanted it to. I’ve done the deep cleaning. I’ve done the checks. The pump is working. I’ve also foolishly thrown out the box so I can’t return this. Hopefully there’s a fix. 

Hi @Nickrezni Thanks for posting a follow up question.

As your machine is brand new, I wouldn’t expect there to be a machine fault. There are a couple of checks we can do however to rule this out and make sure the machine in functioning as it is intended. 

1. Check that the Humidity is active and hasn’t been switched off by mistake. The current room humidity will show in grey, and the target humidity will be in blue.
  2. Check that the humidity level in the room is above the target you’ve input.
  3. Increase the fan speed and monitor the humidity over time.
  4. Check the local environment. Make sure that doors and windows are closed and air conditioning units are turned off during use. If new air in constantly introduced to the local environment, the machine may struggle to increase the overall humidity. 
  5. Check the machines position. Make sure there is enough circulation on either side of your machine and that it is placed away from radiators, draughts or air vents. 
  6. Check the base cap at the bottom of your pump for a blockage. This is the small cap is at the base of the pump. You only need to remove it and clean underneath.

If after 24 - 48 hours you are not seeing a noticeable increase to your room’s humidity, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to run you through some further troubleshooting and discuss the next steps with you. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I have in fact gone through those steps based off other reads but I will, for good measure, go through them again. 

1. The room humidity is working and is showing blue.
  2. I set the humidity to 50% when the reading on the humidistat is showing 32-33
  3. I will try this again today, but have set the speed to 10 overnight.
  4. Copy that.  Will ensure my door is closed.
  5. Machine is out nearly in the venter of the room so it should be good, away from other ventilation.  We do have a ceiling fan that runs, not sure if that affects it.
  6. I checked this and it is clean.

Thank you.  I will reach out on WhatsApp if I do not see improvement on the humidity.  

Best regards, 

Nick

I just bought my unit had it running overnight about 8 hours set humidity at 70 with fan at 6. Doors closed. When I woke up this morning humidity was still at 33 percent and water consumption about 40 percent. 

I inquired in online chat and they said it takes 24-48 hours for the unit to self calibrate. Anyone here this before?  Seems I am getting g better results with my 80$ homedics unit than this one. In reading some of the suggestions here, I really doubt deep cleaning would address it since it is new out of a box. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @peterooi,

With regard to a calibration period, your machine's display as well as the Dyson Link App will not show any air quality data for an hour, when you first start the machine. This time period allows those sensors to calibrate to the surroundings. If the machine is shut off within that first hour, calibration will continue where it left off, when you power the machine back on. If the machine gets unplugged at any point after the first use, the VOC and NO2 sensors will require a shorter calibration period - usually 20 minutes or so. 

If you're using the machine in Auto mode, that can take up to 6 days for the machine's sensors to fully calibrate. During this time period, you may find that your purifier is more sensitive to VOC's than normal. 

When speaking just on humidification, the machine can reach 70% humidity, but getting to this target depends on environmental conditions like the size and ventilation of the room, and the relative humidity of the surrounding air.  Even when the machine is working properly, it can naturally be harder to reach a target humidity if the air is relatively dry to begin with, if it’s an “open” environment where non-humidified air is flowing in, etc.