Repair Service Fiasco!! Courier Collection. | Dyson Community
Solved

Repair Service Fiasco!! Courier Collection.

Hello, has anyone had repair collection issues from Dyson.  I booked in my Dyson 2 weeks ago for a collection for repair and today was the FOURTH collection slot booked and still not collected! I’ve called Dyson numerous times and been on hold for hours over the last 2 weeks trying to resolve issue and still no resolution to this issue! I have always bought Dyson hoovers and I am fast losing faith in this company! Anyone else had issues and any advice very welcome? Perhaps I should just buy a new Shark hoover instead of wasting my time! 😖. Bring back the Dyson engineers who visited your home pre- Covid to fix Dyson hoovers! 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Amended)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 17 January 2023, 21:29

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Brenda B,

Personally I would advise to contact the Helpline and have their supervisors review your current status, and I am sure that they would be able to offer you the right solution. Taking 2 weeks and not getting your unit picked up doesn’t seem to be appropriate timeframe. Contacting them and requesting an escalation this time seems to be the right thing to do at this point.

I have to date called Dyson 10 times to try and get this resolved.  One call handler admitted they were having issues with DPD so why keep using them?? I have always had nothing but good experience from DPD over the years with deliveries with regular updates on when they arrive at your door and they always give you an hour time slot so I’m not sure that the issue is with the collection company. I have we twice asked for escalation and a manager was supposed to call me back last night but no one called so I’m so shocked at this appalling customer service from Dyson.  I really do not know what to do further about this awful situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Brenda B 

Thanks for letting us know you haven’t received this exchange yet - I’m sorry this has taken longer than expected this time round.

Usually our deliveries/collections arrive within the timeframe stated in the order confirmation or that through the Helpline. In very rare circumstances, this can take a little longer – sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.

If you find you still need help after reaching out, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number, and I’ll see if there is an additional update I can provide.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hello Stuart, thank you for your reply but it’s not an exchange, it’s a collection of my Dyson hoover for a repair. That’s 4 collection dates arranged by DYSON and STILL NOT COLLECTED FOR REPAIR!! Twice I have been promised a manager will call me to escalate  and resolve issue and not one Manager from Dyson has bothered to call me.  I have spent HOURS  on the phone over 2 weeks trying to resolve the issue and have got nowhere. Each time a collection date is booked, it’s not collected.  I’m at a loss as to what to do! Can you help further? 😖

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Brenda B

Thanks for the correction. 

This really isn’t the experience I would have hoped for!

If you could please drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number, and I’ll reach out to the local team and see what we can do to have this resolved, at the very least provide you with an update on the next steps.

To drop me a DM, simply click on my name and then select ‘Send message’.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Brenda B  

Thanks for waiting while I had the local team look into this. 

I’ve had confirmation that a member of this team will be contacting you today. They’ll be able to provide you further insight and discuss the next steps.

Thanks,
Stuart

@Stuart @Brenda B  Unfortunately I'm having the same experience regarding collection for our faulty Dyson. After a video call with an engineer who couldn't help us - we booked in the repair, paying for the repair prior to collection and on four separate days over the past month having someone wait at home to hand over the machine. I'm now beginning to think the issues lie with Dyson and not the courier company. Our warranty is out of date but we are happy to pay for the service and any parts and get our machine which sucks from the top but not the bottom up and running again. We were told this is possible. On my last call to complain about a lack of collection last week i was offered a refund for the service. A nice gesture but i would just like this machine fixed. Where else can i take it ? Or can i send it directly to your service centre if you cant organise a courier ? The most annoying part is the time spent waiting in for a courier who never shows up, having called the day prior to confirm its all booked in and they are on their way. Its just a complete waste of time for all concerned and very poor customer service from Dyson. I hope this can be resolved but am losing faith in the company which for the most part has supplied our family with reliable appliances. JF

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Stuart @Brenda B  Unfortunately I'm having the same experience regarding collection for our faulty Dyson. After a video call with an engineer who couldn't help us - we booked in the repair, paying for the repair prior to collection and on four separate days over the past month having someone wait at home to hand over the machine. I'm now beginning to think the issues lie with Dyson and not the courier company. Our warranty is out of date but we are happy to pay for the service and any parts and get our machine which sucks from the top but not the bottom up and running again. We were told this is possible. On my last call to complain about a lack of collection last week i was offered a refund for the service. A nice gesture but i would just like this machine fixed. Where else can i take it ? Or can i send it directly to your service centre if you cant organise a courier ? The most annoying part is the time spent waiting in for a courier who never shows up, having called the day prior to confirm its all booked in and they are on their way. Its just a complete waste of time for all concerned and very poor customer service from Dyson. I hope this can be resolved but am losing faith in the company which for the most part has supplied our family with reliable appliances. JF

Hi @JasonF

Sorry to hear you’ve had a similar experience. 

As it doesn’t sound like you’ve been able to progress this with the local team, I would be happy to take a look and see if there is anything I am able to do on my side. 

If you could please drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number, and I’ll reach out to the local team and see what we can do to have this resolved, at the very least provide you with an update on the next steps.

To drop me a DM, simply click on my name and then select ‘Send message’.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hello @JasonF  @Stuart 

That sounds pretty identical to my terrible experience although the payment was held by card until repaired but then Dyson offered to waive repair fee due to the bad experience with collection dates and never being picked up.  I agree the issue cannot be with DPD as I’ve had nothing but prompt reliable service from DPD in the past.  Dyson in my eyes was the best hoover and customer service in the past but I’m not feeling that anymore as this issue has not been resolved! How many others are in same boat?? Why offer a repair service if out of warranty if they cannot honour it??! You would think they are trying to force people to buy a new Dyson but not a chance, a Shark hoover may be the better option from what I’ve heard from others.  So to also add to that my hoover was supposed to be collected today, FIFTH ATTEMPT!!! Guess what it’s now Monday @  13:50 and no sign of DPD getting in touch?? @Stuart  no notification from DPD to say being collected today so I guess that’s yet another wasted day waiting for collection! 😡. I am now waiting for my 3pm call from Dyson as they were due to follow up with me today and I will yet again be saying MY HOOVER STILL NOT COLLECTED FOR REPAIR - FIFTH DATE ARRANGED AND STILL NOT BEEN HONOURED🤷‍♀️. Will I have more luck going to the papers to highlight this fiasco???? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Brenda B

Thanks for letting me know about this. 

As I had already had an open line of discussion with our customer service team, I contacted the centre management asking that they investigate this further. I believe they have since been in contact with you and that there is now a resolution in place. 

If you require further help on this subject, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with the local team, they will be best placed to provide real-time updates and directly discuss the next steps, should any be needed. 

If you need assistance with any other subject or have a questions, please do post these to the wider community. The best place to do this is in our Ask the Community forum 😀.

Thanks, 

Stuart.

@Brenda B @Stuart 

Collection of faulty Dysons really is a Fiasco and there seems little point in trying to work constructively with the people supposedly tasked with resolving the ongoing issues as they clearly have no authority to sort this mess out.

Evidently despite his best efforts @Stuart is unable to help you have your Dyson collected although we have supplied all relevant information requested and were assured by him in private direct mail messages that our machine would be collected by DPD today.

This is highly unlikely as we are yet to receive any confirmation from the courier - a repeat of the past 4 instances in the past 5 weeks it was supposed to be collected.

I am curious @Brenda B if your issue and collection was ever resolved? 

So five weeks on after several phone calls, email correspondence and assurances from Dyson we are still in the same position with a hover that semi works but needs looking at by the manufacturer and no end in sight - just keep getting kicked into the long grass. There's really no point carrying on this charade and i will be going out tomorrow to buy a new hoover. No prizes for guessing what i wont be buying.

Jason

@Stuart @Brenda B 

As predicted the DPD courier we were assured would be collecting our faulty Dyson never showed up yesterday. The fifth time this has happened. Five times we have had to have someone stay in all day to hand our machine over which has been inconvenient.

We are being encouraged to reach out to our local service centre but no details have been provided. When we call the Dyson help line were redirected to a call centre in South Africa who have booked in this machine four times for collection and are at a loss as to why this is happening? In fact everyone is.

We are curious if anyone on this forum can give us advice on a service centre who may be able to look at our machine in the Greater London area ?. The machine turns on and sucks from the top but not the bottom - and the Dyson online engineer couldn't determine the fault.

Otherwise its time to recycle this machine which seems a shame as its semi working !.

Jason

I have had the same issue. 5 missed collections to repair my fan! Customer service have said they will repair the fan for free (after missing 3rd collection), but after missing the 5th collection and the supervisor telling me it’s been rebooked for 18 days later, it does not seem like they actually care. I was also hung up on.

I have medical reasons for needing the fan and calling them up time after time is just adding to my stress levels. I can’t believe I bought so many of their products and even got friends and family to do the same. I explain my genuine medical need they treat me abhorrently - 5 missed collections and their solution is to keep rebooking. What is going on???? This is not the Dyson service I expected and it’s negatively impacting my health 🥺