Seeking Assistance in Identifying a Counterfeit Dyson Airwrap | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Seeking Assistance in Identifying a Counterfeit Dyson Airwrap

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a Dyson product I recently purchased on eBay. The seller advertised it as a new and genuine Dyson Airwrap, and the price seemed reasonable, almost similar to what it would cost at an official Dyson store. My purchase was primarily for use in Latin America, where the electrical standard is 220v, and the seller assured me that the product met this specification.

However, upon receiving the Airwrap, it became apparent to me that it was not authentic. Having previously owned a Dyson Airwrap in North America, I could easily spot the discrepancies. To proceed with a refund from eBay, they require confirmation from a Dyson representative that the product is indeed counterfeit. I am prepared to provide detailed photos and a thorough explanation of my observations, but I need the official opinion of a Dyson expert to validate my claim.

Unfortunately, I am unable to visit a physical Dyson store for verification as there are none in my country. Additionally, my attempts to reach out through WhatsApp and email have been unsuccessful, including not receiving a transcript of a live chat session.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or support you can offer in this matter.

Below, I have included photos that showcase the most significant details clearly demonstrating the product is counterfeit, highlighting various inconsistencies.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @IvanaF,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

We’re aware of a number of imitation versions of our technology, and we have a full-time global team working to protect shoppers from the risks posed by counterfeit products. We work closely with law enforcement bodies to protect shoppers, and take legal action against organisations involved in the manufacture and distribution of counterfeit Dyson machines. You can find out more about this here.

Genuine Dyson machines are tested relentlessly for safety as well as performance. To make sure you're buying genuine Dyson technology, always purchase direct from Dyson.com or a Dyson Demo store, or from one of our approved retail partners.

From the information and images you’ve shared here, your machine would appear to be a counterfeit. To verify this, we would need you to speak directly to our Customer Care team. I’m sorry you’ve had difficulty getting in touch previously - please can you let me know which country you’re based in so I can help here? 

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your answer. I'm located in Paraguay, and I'm trying to contact the Dyson team through online channels, but although a case has been opened, I'm not having success in getting a response.

I'd be thankful if someone from Dyson can contact me so that I could get some kind of document or verdict from the Dyson team about my counterfeit unit. eBay needs this so that they can investigate the fraudulent seller who sold an entire shipment of these, and I can get my refund.

Kind regards