Set Cool Temperature | Dyson Community
Solved

Set Cool Temperature

• 11 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, We just bought our 1st Dyson Purifier Hot + Cool™ Formaldehyde (White/Gold). It seems to be an amazing bit of kit and the accompanying app really works well. My query is if it is possible to set a target Cool temperature, I do realise its not an air conditioning unit but would love to have it slightly cooler at night. Hope this query makes some kind of sense to someone 😇

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 13 September 2021, 10:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello @psychosax, welcome to Club Dyson! 

I had a machine gifted to me and used it as a remote control fan for such a long time. Then I discovered the app. It is a great feature and I am already thinking of getting another purifier just to add to it :)

I’ve since got familiar with the app and now the knowledge base on the community. I think I can help answer your question.

There are two options in the app I always use. Night mode and Scheduling. 

Night mode - Which drops the machine’s fan speed down to 4 and dims the display.

Scheduling - Setting a time the machine comes on and goes off, speeds, oscillation etc (below article written by the Community Manager should help here)

Not sure that you can set the machine to come on to cool when it reaches a temperature thought. I’d recommend using the Scheduling option and set the fan’s speed at certain times. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, up to now I’ve just turned on the unit at night with fan at 1, night mode and left it on overnight but will definitely give scheduling a go👍🏻