Should I buy this Hot+Cool Dyson purifier? | Dyson Community
SPOTLIGHTED POST

Should I buy this Hot+Cool Dyson purifier?

• 12 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I was wondering if I should buy the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool™️ Formaldehyde. The reason why I am asking this is because I heard these are energy efficient and have low running costs on the heating side.

I live in London UK, and the normal central heating is around £450 a month. I was thinking to invest into one of these and possibly have the Dyson heat my home for less?

Can an owner confirm how much the heating on one of these would cost, compared to Central Heating.

I will only use this for around 1-2 hours a day on low/medium heat.

Thank you!

1 reply

@Frankee_1 There isn’t a precise calculation on the cost saving. A similar question was asked by @Charlie some months back, with an answer. How much energy does the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool™ Formaldehyde uses? 

“”

It’s dependant on factors such as, airflow setting (heating/purifying), fan speed (0-10), operation space (Room size), energy cost (price per kilowatt) and wattage. Thankfully I found an example online which i was happy to accept.  

Most HEPA air purifiers consume around 50-100 watts per hour. With 12 hours of daily operation, the electricity will be around £3-5 a month or £36-60 annually. Where you have the unit in use for 24 hours operation, you just multiply the numbers by 2.

“”

There isn’t an example that Dyson offer. Although, they do provide a 30-day return policy in the UK. You could consider purchasing, monitoring your usage through a smart app and then returning if it isn’t right for you. 

I’ve personally tracked a reduction in my house bill by using my purifiers AUTO mode. I’d suggest you try this when it arrives 💪.