Should my Air Purifier be quiet? | Dyson Community
Solved

Should my Air Purifier be quiet?

• 9 October 2022
  • 2 replies

My HP04 makers a high pitched hiss, almost grating sound, when running. It is intermittent. Is this normal or should I get in touch with customer service about a warranty repair? 

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by GraceWood 9 October 2022, 23:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hiya! 

It certainly isn’t normal!

We had a similar issue last year - I searched the community for “high pitched noise”, reading the replies I realised I needed to contact service. 

We sent our then purifier to the local service centre, it was repaired and returned within a week. It wasn’t apparently something we could fix ourselves.

It worked like new when it came back 😊! 

Good day kernel90, 

Thank you for contacting Dyson Community. 

All Dyson machines are covered by a 2-year guarantee if purchased new, this covers all parts and repairs. 

To discuss this further, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thanks,

Muneep