Tank Undetected - Humidifier | Dyson Community
Solved

Tank Undetected - Humidifier

• 3 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I just put a new filter in my Dyson Purifier Humidifier and it was working fine for about 20 minutes, now I have a message tank undetected. The water tank is full and it is inserted properly but I can’t get it to work. This seems to be an ongoing problem and I have already had 1 machine replaced for this reason. Does anybody else have this problem and how is it resolved? Thanks in advance.

lori

(Edited by moderator – tags amended)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 5 January 2022, 17:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @lorisk528,

Thanks for posting a question. 

It doesn’t look like anyone else on the Community has experienced the same issue as you, which in itself is a good thing. However, does mean you’ve waited a little longer to get a reply. 

My first thought is to recommend running a 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine. It is possible that through installing the filter, the machines software has become ‘confused’. Restarting the machine should correct this. 

If a restart doesn’t solve this, the best course of action would be to check the three below areas and then if it still hasn’t resolved itself, to visit our online support. See details for this further down.

1. Running a Deep clean cycle
  2. Check the base cap for a blockage - This is the small cap is at the base of the pump and can easily be removed. 
  3. Check the Evaporator - The machine won’t function correctly without it.
    • A trickling or gurgling noise can be heard if the evaporator is missing.

I’d suggest running through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why these things are happening. You’ll need your machine to hand to do this.

The best place to view this support in the USA market is on our online support guide, which you can find here: https://www.dyson.com/support/air-treatment/purifier-humidifiers. Please select ‘Display showing an alert’ and select the appropriate option. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you Stuart,

None of your suggestions have worked. They want me to bring the machine to their nearest location which is about 40 minutes from where I live and I can’t do that right now as I am immune compromised.  So I am probably going to purchase a machine that is more reliable. I have Dyson cool purifiers humidifiers running in my bedroom. They already had to replace one with the same issue within 6 weeks of purchase. This one was running perfectly for about 2 hours after the filter was replaced and then just stopped. It is very dry in my bedroom so I can’t wait until I am able to go to the physical building as the Covid numbers are still very high in Massachusetts. But I really appreciate your help. The person I spoke with at Dyson was less then helpful. I will stick with their hair dryers but not their humidifier purifiers.  Thanks again.

lori