The dustbin has been out of stock for 6 months, poor business practice | Dyson Community
Solved

The dustbin has been out of stock for 6 months, poor business practice

• 20 February 2023
  • 8 replies

The dustbin has been out of stock for over six months poor business when you can’t get a replacement for your vacuum

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 February 2023, 16:30

View original

8 replies

Hey @Marie yapp

We are sorry to hear the dustbin you require has been out of stock for over six months and will be happy to look into this for you. Kindly confirm which model machine you have so we can help locate the required bin for your machine. 

It is the c11 animal  and I just called yesterday and still out of stocks so unless you pull one out of your hat it is still out of atock

Hi @Marie yapp

Unfortunately, due to global supply chain challenges, spare parts have been slightly harder to get hold of than normal. 

Please do take a look at the authorised retailers on this page of the Community, they may have stock of the required part - 

Alternatively, if you’re still within guarantee, you can drop us a message via WhatsApp or give our helpline a call. Here’s a link: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/contact-us

The answer for global v11 dustbin was sorry we cannot find that!!!

@Marie yapp - If they’re out of stock, then realistically there isn’t anything they can do. Unfortunately its not as simple as fabricating parts overnight. I remember reading they manufacture in Asia - I suspect the delay is due to shipping demands. 

The mods previously commented that one of these authorized retailers can be used for parts. Maybe you’ll have better luck with one of these?

• eSpares 
  • PartMaster 
  • Buyspares 
  • Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 
  • 4Your Home 
  • PartCentre 
  • PartsCentre
  • Appliance Spares Warehouse 

EAPARE only in United Kingdom, are all the others overseas, I need an American company 

I also have been waiting for a V11 dust bin replacement.  Its been 5 months and I still get the same answer when I call - supply chain problem.  In the meantime my V11 vacuum has been useless for 5 months!  This is so frustrating.  I have checked every where online and cannot find the part for a reasonable price.  I don’t know what else to do. I see I’m not the only one waiting….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Marie yapp @schbus03,

We’re disheartened to know what a frustrating experience that stock issues cause for our valued owners. It’s never an experience we want for you to have. Here in the US market, we don’t have access to what retailers may stock our parts, nor are we able to guarantee that if you did locate a spare part from another retailer (unless they are authorized to sell Dyson machines) that those parts would be genuine. Using any type of non-Dyson part with your machine can potentially cause damage to your Dyson or void your machine’s guarantee. 

Having said all that, while I did just check for stock of the V11 bin on our website here, and it does reflect as out of stock, checking our internal stock tracker I am able to see that this part is currently available and can be ordered. Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. One of our brand “techsperts” will be more than happy to help get an order placed for you, for this part.