Travelling from US to Ireland with Airstrait | Dyson Community
Solved

Travelling from US to Ireland with Airstrait

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m travelling to Ireland soon from the US for a month. I want to bring my Airstrait. Can anyone please advise if the Airstrait can be: packed into hand luggage (the device has a large battery) and what adaptor can I purchase so it works while I’m there?

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 December 2023, 01:30

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@Nollaig89 Thanks for the post, it should be find to board the plane, but note that it’s not dual-voltage so the Europe version won’t work in the USA, etc. Dyson does not recommend a voltage adapter as these vary wildly in quality and an damage the unit’s digital motor. Safe travels!

Hi Adam,

I’m flying to Ireland, my Dyson Airstrait is US manufactured. If I invest in a reliable adaptor, will that suffice and it will work in Ireland? To echo many people: it cost a lot and I want to use it on my trip. I’ll be there for 4 weeks. Thanks for the info bringing in hand luggage too. 

To be sure, it likely will work with an adapter. But Dyson does not recommend that. I’ve heard many cases of this ruining a machine and that wouldn’t be covered under warranty. These are designed for use in the country they are sold in.
To re-iterate: I would not plan to use a USA version in Europe or vice-versa.

Okie doke. Well, I’m going to use the product I paid for and hope for the best, which is an unfortunate situation considering the high value. Dyson should really consider making a universal adaptor to solve the issue, but what do I know.

thanks again.