Uninstalling the Gen5 Detect Wall Dock | Dyson Community
Solved

Uninstalling the Gen5 Detect Wall Dock

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

WARNING

DO NOT BY GEN 5 DETECT IF YOU PLAN ON USING THE  WALL MOUNT. IT CAN NOT BE REMOVED.

I have recently purchased two Gen 5 detect cordless vacuums. I purchased the first one a month ago and thought is was so great I purchased a second not knowing about the terrible design in the wall mount. I had my handyman attach the wall mount to the wall for the fist one then I wanted to move it to a different location but waited till the second one arrived to move it. The second gen5detect arrived with the mounting plates together and realized the other can not be removed without destroying the wall completely and the charging cord is stuck. The wall mount started to break when removal was attempted so now I have a vacuum that can not be stored without being down on the ground and does not work because the charger is stuck to the wall.

CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I HAVE SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH NO HELP AND MY WALL WILL HAVE TO BE REPAIRED.

I want to return them and don't have the original boxes and Dyson told me I need all the parts. They can come get it off my wall!

icon

Best answer by Jack 31 January 2024, 16:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Design Flaw,

Thanks for letting us know about this. In instances where the main body of the Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum’s Wall dock is difficult to remove from the backplate once affixed to the wall, a firm knock to the bottom of the Wall dock with a solid blunt implement will dislodge the main body from the backplate, allowing removal from the wall. We advise against using a sharp implement such as a hammer, or using the palm of your hand.

If you need any further support, you’ll need to continue your conversation directly with Dyson Customer Care, so our experts can take some additional details. The quickest way to get in touch with our experts is to Live Chat through our Digital Assistant. Once you’ve clicked the round purple button on Dyson.com you can start a conversation with an agent by clicking the agent icon at the bottom left of the chat window.