Using the Dyson Airstrait straightener abroad | Dyson Community

Using the Dyson Airstrait straightener abroad

• 16 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I have bought the new Dyson Airstraight from USA not realising it has the USA plug on it which I cannot change.

Is there anyone interested in buying it from me ??

Dyson have been so unhelpful I have phoned waited an hour to speak to someone any each time they say something different.   I hoped I could send it back to them and change the plug but this has not happened.   

Any ideas  ?   I bought it from Desertcart America and they not interested 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I paid £600 for it.   Rather than lose the whole amount wondered if any one interested in buying for much less from  me ?  Thanks for any help suggestions etc.. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Ella12345,

I responded to your private message 9 days ago on this query, but reposting my reply here in case you didn’t see it.

With the exception of the Dyson Corrale™ cordless straightener - which has been engineered for travel - Dyson hair care machines are made to operate on the voltage of the country they're sold in. A Dyson Airstrait™ straightener from the US is manufactured to operate at 120v - it would not be compatible with the UK's 220-240v current. This would be the case even if the plug was changed, as the motor, heating element and control electronics would also need to run on the correct current. For this reason we'd only ever recommend purchasing within your own country of residence to ensure we're able to support you in the event of a breakdown.

As the Dyson Airstrait™ hasn't launched in the UK yet, we have no equivalent machines available with a compatible voltage, so options for resolution are extremely limited. If you'd like to discuss this further, you'll need to continue your conversation with our UK Customer Care team. On the Dyson Community, we don't have access to your records, and we can't intervene with individual support requests like this.

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple icon to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. You can then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to live chat with one of our experts.