V11 Absolute Baffling Problem | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

V11 Absolute Baffling Problem

• 2 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, Hoping someone can Help with a Baffling Problem on a Dyson V11 Absolute.

It's actually a Friends who has asked me to look at it, here's the Issue.

It comes with 3 Motorised heads and here is what is Happening:

The Torque Drive Motorhead: Only Works on Max Power. On Medium and ECO it spins for a couple of Seconds then stops.

The Soft Roller Cleaner Head: Only Works on Medium and High Setting but just spins Briefly on Eco and stops.

Mini Motorised Tool: Only works on Medium and High Settings but wont work on Eco.

As my Friend thought there was a Fault with the Torque Drive Head as it only works on the High Setting they ordered a New one of these, unfortunately the same thing was happening with that so they sent it back. Evidently it's not the head at Fault.

They have all been tried on the long pole as well as directly in to the Dyson Body but No difference.

There Must be Power getting to the Heads as they Work just not on certain settings as I explained above, I also cant find anything relating to this in the Instruction Manual.

Can anyone help or have any suggestions please. It's the Clip in Battery Type V11 Absolute.

Thanks

Hey there @smokie1010  based on the issue with all three heads that are motorized there is a fault within the main body of the machine. The main body houses the digital motor, that part seems to be malfunctioning since the heads are working on alternating modes.  You can find that replacement part on the support tab of Dyson,com