V11 Animal Detect | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Animal Detect

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

My friend has a cordless Dyson with detect. I absolutely love it so I wanted to get one just like it. I took a picture of her serial number/model info so I could look up what kind she had. 

According to the serial number it’s a V11 Animal- however it definitely has detect on it and looks more like the V15. 

Did they make a V11 Animal with detection on it? Is there an option to add that attachment? 

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 December 2023, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Hi @jgroves, thanks for your post. We appreciate your interest in the Dyson V11. With our detect models, it will include the Dyson V12, V15, and Gen5. There isn’t a V11 Detect. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jgroves,

To add to our previous reply - the Dyson V11™ vacuum was the first Dyson cordless machine to introduce a colour LCD screen. The LCD screen shows available cleaning time, plus other real-time information such as power mode, filter maintenance reminders and blockage reports. It also included Dyson’s DLS technology - in Auto mode, this automatically adjusted brush bar speed and suction power as you changed between hard and carpeted floor surfaces. However, in most cases the Dyson V11™ vacuums currently available do not include the DLS technology.

The Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum also includes an LCD screen, but introduces an onboard piezo sensor to detect dust levels as you clean, and automatically adjust the power level for you. This makes sure you're using the right power level for the task, and also balancing performance and runtime.

Hope this is useful - it sounds as if your friend may own a slightly older version of the Dyson V11™ vacuum, which included the original DLS technology.