V11 intermittent power at startup | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

V11 intermittent power at startup

• 6 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a 9 month old V11. The power shuts off after 3-5 seconds several times but then eventually stabilizes and stays powered on while the trigger is pressed. When I first noticed this about a week ago it would shut down once but now it shuts down several times before working normally.  

• There are no error messages displayed on the screen.
  • The unit is fully charged
  • All filters are cleaned and the dirt receptacle is empty
  • The symptom appears even when I disconnect all attachments from the main unit
  • The symptom appears under all power settings (Med,Eco, Boost)

Any suggestions? There is no service center anywhere near me so I am hoping someone can recommend an easy fix. Thanks! 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

I have the exactly the same thing. This happened a while back and Dyson just sent me a new head, no questions. It was only a few months old! Now the same thing has started happening again. Have checked filter etc etc. It’s the EXACT same issue again, and now i see a lot of people seem to have this issue. Is there a defect in this product? 

Like zander75 I have an exact same problem The machine has been meticulously maintained and yet this problem persists. I doubt I will buy another Dyson if this one ends up at the recycling centre!! I think this is a product fault and Dyson are in hiding.