V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice

• 27 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi There, I am looking to purchase my first cordless Dyson vacuum and I do not know which from the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) or the V15 Detect Extra I should purchase. I want to make the right choice considering the expensive cost of these vacuums. I just want to get the best machine. Both look very similar in terms of technology, features and price and so I am wondering if I am missing a key feature when comparing the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) with the V15 Detect Extra? They are both Dyson website exclusives to Dyson direct; both have the upgraded HEPA filter to 0.1 micron, the built in tool, same motor, same bin size, same suction, same cleaner heads and relatively same price; just the accessories seem different as the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) seems to have 10 accessories and the V15 Detect Extra has 8 albeit different accessories? The colours do not matter to me because I am looking for best machine in terms of performance. 

Thanks in advance for your professional advice. 

Viviane

icon

Best answer by Emma.S 28 February 2023, 10:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Heya Vivian, 

I actually remember seeing the same question posted not that long ago. It seems to be common 😁!

Purchasing Advice - V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra | Dyson Community 

This is the answer: @Eagles for the credit. 

Essentially the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) and V15 Detect Extra are the same machine. The HEPA filtration is identical, as are the bin volume, suction power, charge time, operational time and weight. 

The only advantage I can see if that the Extra includes more accessories: Slightly confusing when you compare them both, but by click on each one, the Extra has a Detail cleaning kit included https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/972203-01 

As you’re not bothered by the colour, I’d be leaning towards the Extra. Value for money, it makes sense. 

I hope this helps 😀

Thank you for your responses. However, what is still confusing is that the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) has 10 accessories when the V15 Detect Extra only seems to have 8 accessories and yet everyone is saying that the V15 Detect Extra has more accessories. Why? Also, the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) used to have very poor reviews on the Dyson website (less than 3 stars); on YouTube the poor reviews are based on an issue with the filter on the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold). Unfortunately, there are no videos or reviews on the V15 Detect Extra, so there is no way of knowing if it has the same filter problem than the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold). Can anyone advise? Has anyone experienced the filter issue with the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold)? Has anyone purchased the V15 Detect Extra and what is their experience? 

Thank you for your responses. However, what is still confusing is that the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) has 10 accessories when the V15 Detect Extra only seems to have 8 accessories and yet everyone is saying that the V15 Detect Extra has more accessories. Why? Also, the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) used to have very poor reviews on the Dyson website (less than 3 stars); on YouTube the poor reviews are based on an issue with the filter on the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold). Unfortunately, there are no videos or reviews on the V15 Detect Extra, so there is no way of knowing if it has the same filter problem than the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold). Can anyone advise? Has anyone experienced the filter issue with the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold)? Has anyone purchased the V15 Detect Extra and what is their experience? 

Great points, Viviane.

I’m so confused about the differences between the options and similarly puzzled about the response provided above.

If you have already made the purchase, which did you go for?

No, I haven’t yet. Not sure which one I should buy. Many reviews on YouTube mentioned some issues with the filter with the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold), so I am more inclined to purchase the V15 Detect Extra.