V15 Detect defective on arrival - what to do? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

V15 Detect defective on arrival - what to do?

• 26 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently ordered my 2nd V15 Detect from the Dyson website because I liked my first one so much. However, the unit that arrived is defective. In particular, the shaft of the vacuum is missing the piece that allows it to interface with the suction chamber. Comparing it to the one I already own, it’s obvious which piece is missing (see attached photo). I submitted a Customer Service inquiry using the text-message based customer service interface on the website, which allowed me to submit a notice and told me I’d hear back in 24-48 hours about what to do, but I never heard back and It’s been a week now. Should I just return the whole vacuum or is there a way to get someone to send me a shaft that is complete? Thanks very much. 

Hi @HamletofPrinceton , thanks for your post. The wand will require you to insert the built-in dusting and crevice tool, to use. Please check out this helpful article below that will show you how to do so. 

I’m afraid that is not correct. 

The want interfaces with the vacuum chamber at the top of the shaft. As you can see from the picture, the want I receive is missing a piece that would allow it to interface with the vacuum unit. Without that missing piece, this wand can never plug in to the vacuum unit and this vacuum is therefore unusable in its current condition.