Vacuum exhaust spreads dust wildly using V11 | Dyson Community
Solved

Vacuum exhaust spreads dust wildly using V11

• 23 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I think the way the vacuum V11 exhausts air is a bad design. It is OK when I vacuum the floor with the extension. But it can be a nightmare when I use the vacuum w/o the extension.

I often have to be very careful how I hold the vacuum in order not to stir up the dust I am trying to vacuum. I wonder if there is any way to deflect the exhaust so it does not blow everything all over the place before I get a chance to vacuum?

Dyson is renowned for innovative design and so I have been very surprised to find this problem. 

And it IS a serious problem!

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 16:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @js_radford,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here!

The filter on Dyson cordless machines including the Dyson V11 vacuum is designed to diffuse the filtered exhaust airflow away from the user. I’m sorry if you’re finding that in certain enclosed spaces, this is disturbing nearby debris.

There’s nothing we can do to change the design of your machine, but I’ll be happy to make sure your feedback is passed along to the right teams for you. I’m not sure if you own an extension hose for your vacuum, but personally I find this very useful for above-floor cleaning with the accessories - especially when cleaning awkward areas where the machine itself won’t fit. So this may be worth considering: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/971432-01

Hope this helps!

I have ordered a flexible hose attachment and ALSO I am going to have someone 3D print me an exhaust deflector, which is something 3D designers have dealt with for years now. Dyson should offer this as an after-market accessory. It would be so easy and cheap. A real service for users.

https://www.printables.com/model/410308-dyson-v11-exhaust-diverter-cowling