Water tank and humidity level - Decreasing at a slow rate | Dyson Community
Solved

Water tank and humidity level - Decreasing at a slow rate

• 4 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, we have been using our Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde for a month and a half, and the water tank is still full since the first time of use. The machine never goes above 30% of humidity, our living room is approx 16’-7’’ X 18’-0’’ and we tried in a small room and even doesn't work ( the bedroom is 13’-0’’X 14’-8’’). The machine works every day for 15 hours and is always in automatic mode and the fan is always in level 10. 

What can I do?

Thank you. 

ML.

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 5 February 2022, 14:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @minerva lopez 

Thanks for posting a question. 

Doesn’t look like anyone on the Community has experienced the same issue as you, which in itself is a good thing. However, does mean you’ve waited a little longer to get a reply. 

Whilst not always obvious, there can be a handful of things which can prevent your machine reaching a humidity level and humidifying all together.

1. Evaporator - Has the evaporator been installed? 
    • A trickling or gurgling noise can be heard if the evaporator is missing. In this instance install it in the machine.
  2. Water tank - Check that there is sufficient water in the water tank.
  3. Display screen - If the display screen is grey in colour, the humidity will be paused. When actively humidifying it will be blue.
  4. Current humidity level and fan speed - Check on the current humidity level. If it is lower than your target, increasing the fan speed should help speed up the process

If the above criteria has been met and by increasing the overall fan speed no difference has been made, I’d recommend running a Deep Clean Cycle. Read how to do this on our Running a Deep clean cycle article.

Do bear in mind that if the machine is being used in a large open space with the windows and doors open, it may take longer to reach the humidity level.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Hello! I actually came here with the same issue! We ran a deep clean cycle and now our water tank water has not moved in days. We used to refill every day or every other depending. I’ve tried taking everything out and putting it back in. I did hear a strange noise. We are out of ideas at this point so here I am! Hoping for some advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello! I actually came here with the same issue! We ran a deep clean cycle and now our water tank water has not moved in days. We used to refill every day or every other depending. I’ve tried taking everything out and putting it back in. I did hear a strange noise. We are out of ideas at this point so here I am! Hoping for some advice. 

Hi @Min1689 

Thanks for posting your experience.

As it sounds like the machine was working prior to you running this deep clean and since running it you’ve heard a strange noise, I’d recommend visiting our Online Support/Troubleshooting page directly on the Dyson website.

While a Trickling or gurgling noise can indicates that the evaporators is missing, a Grating or grinding and Whining or whistling noises can indicate respectively either a blockage or an issue with the machine being put back together incorrectly. In either case the online support could help you to pinpoint the cause.

Please click on our Guides and manuals link, select your machine and click on the ‘Start troubleshooting’ button. Once here, further select the appropriate on-screen option. I’d recommend choosing ‘Unusual noise’. 

If afterwards you have any follow up questions, please feel free to @me in a reply 

Thanks, 

Stuart.