Humidifier - Water tank refill notification, despite full water tank | Dyson Community

Humidifier - Water tank refill notification, despite full water tank

• 9 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I am getting a water tank refill notification, despite having a full water tank. The lid and pump assembly was replaced under warranty, but I am now getting the message again and am out of warranty by one week. I have been through all of the trouble shooting steps and nothing works. It doesn’t make sense to pay for a costly part replacement only to have it happen again. At this price point I really expect a better quality product. Any advice?  

samwise 1 year ago

Give this a read: should see you fix it.

Humidifier Question - Water level depleting slowly | Dyson Community

“”

Check the base cap at the bottom of your pump for a blockage - This is the small cap is at the base of the pump and can easily be removed. 

Try the deep clean after - Running a Deep clean cycle | Dyson Community

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Probably a really simple explanation. Have you ran a deep clean in the last 6 weeks - 3 months? The citric acid solution it recommends you use prevents built up of limescale etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

“”

Check the base cap at the bottom of your pump for a blockage - This is the small cap is at the base of the pump and can easily be removed. 

“”

I took off the screen and cleaned and tried to run the clean cycle.  I can’t get through the clean cycle though because the machine thinks the tank is empty and won’t let me proceed to starting the actual cycle. 

This issue is not that it is working slowly or inefficiently, the issue is that the water level sensor is not functioning.  It is telling the machine that there is no water, so the pump doesn’t even try to work.  

The pump and evaporator are bathing in the citric acid solution now, but I am unable to run the clean cycle because the sensor is telling the machine that the tank is empty. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

If the sensors broken/not working, you’ll have to buy a replacement. I’m wouldn’t be sure if this lives in the pump or the machine. Either way, Dyson may offer it free, as you’re only just outside the warranty and you’ve had the same problem before. Have you tried calling them? 

What do the 'Alerts' mean on my Purifier Humidifier LCD screen? | Dyson Community points towards their online help for a solution. Might be an ideas to start there. 

Tank Missing | Troubleshooting Steps | Dyson UK

I have exactly same issue, and as my machine is out of warranty I was redirected to the paid service. This is disgusting that such brand has so serious issues. My first humidifier failed on the first run and second during 3 year of operation. It would be great to receive extended explanation what needs to be checked. All those advices posted here are not working, as they were not for the first author of this post. Help needed!