“we’re having trouble connecting “ error message when click Using the dyson link apps | Dyson Community

“we’re having trouble connecting “ error message when click Using the dyson link apps

Userlevel 1

Dyson machine is connected to phone , all air data been captured and working fine except for the using Dyson link apps which enable us to check  on the cleaning of machines.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

Anonymous 1 year ago

Hi @Lucikana, 

This section of the app would not go over cleaning your machine, and will be a general help section with a few brief resources which include "What is the Dyson Link app?" "How to add a machine to the Dyson Link app" and "How to remove a machine from the Dyson Link app."

In this case, if you are looking for info on how to clean your machine, we generally would advise changing out your filter as recommended by your machine. Outside of filter replacement, the outside of the filter shroud can be cleaned with a soft cloth, or vacuumed out with a soft bristle brush attachment – or just a soft bristle brush on its own. 

I've also included a resource from the community to provide additional resources on cleaning your machine. Alternatively, instructions with a visual on cleaning your unit may be found by clicking the settings icon at the top right corner of the main control page of the Dyson Link app. The main page is where you will control your machine directly, and see your air quality, readings. Once you click on the settings icon, instructions can be found by selecting the third option, titled "using your machine." You may then select the fourth option down titled "cleaning your machine" for additional information.
An additional recommendation for the unusual error being experienced would be to reset the mobile device being used to see if this helps in resolving the issue.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Alternatively, we also welcome you to contact the country specific Dyson helpline number listed on your machine. In this case, it looks like you may be located in Malaysia, from what we see on your public profile. I've included contact details for you as well below, if you prefer.

https://www.dyson.my/support/contact-us

View original

7 replies

Hi @Lucikana,

Would you be happy to provide additional details on the trouble you're having with your unit currently? Based on your description, we're not clear on the problem you're experiencing. It potentially sounds like you've been able to connect your machine to the Dyson Link app, and data is being recorded, but you're having trouble controlling your machine. Is this correct?

I think they mean the ‘Using your machine’ section in the clickable menu. 

This opens for me @Lucikana. I have a DP04. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Lucikana 

This option should be readily available to anyone with a registered Air treatment machine. Sorry, that in your case it isn’t working. 

By receiving this error, it’s an indication to one of three things.

1. The local internet is offline, and you are therefore unable to recall this data. As this data lives in the Cloud, a live internet connection would be required to access it. 
  2. A mismatch between your devices region and that selected when logging into the Dyson App. 
  3. A market mismatch on our side, where the language version for your region and machine type is erroring, and therefore not allowing you to view it in the App. 

If you have a stable internet connection, your device and In-App region are the same, then I would suspect it is the latter option. To help resolve this,  I’d require your products serial number. I can then compare this against our language and machine version, checking that the version is live and visible for your market and product type.

Can I ask that you update your community profile with your machine's serial number? The section labelled ‘Product serial number(s)’ is private, visible only to you and our Moderation team. 

Alternatively, feel free to drop me a direct message. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1

This opens for me @Lucikana. I have a DP04. 

@Kibbleb , I am using TP09 . I still having the same error message which click “Using you machine “

This opens for me @Lucikana. I have a DP04. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Stuart 

It is under Dyson Apps - help and support - Using the Dyson Link app. Did some snap shots but not able to upload here 😞

no issues on the internet , I remember I have selected the country and language correctly . All other functions are working perfectly like scheduling your machine and shop parts and accessories. 
I need help on the cleaning of TP09 machine 

Hi @Lucikana 

This option should be readily available to anyone with a registered Air treatment machine. Sorry, that in your case it isn’t working. 

By receiving this error, it’s an indication to one of three things.

1. The local internet is offline, and you are therefore unable to recall this data. As this data lives in the Cloud, a live internet connection would be required to access it. 
  2. A mismatch between your devices region and that selected when logging into the Dyson App. 
  3. A market mismatch on our side, where the language version for your region and machine type is erroring, and therefore not allowing you to view it in the App. 

If you have a stable internet connection, your device and In-App region are the same, then I would suspect it is the latter option. To help resolve this,  I’d require your products serial number. I can then compare this against our language and machine version, checking that the version is live and visible for your market and product type.

Can I ask that you update your community profile with your machine's serial number? The section labelled ‘Product serial number(s)’ is private, visible only to you and our Moderation team. 

Alternatively, feel free to drop me a direct message. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1

Hi @davidm 

It is under Dyson Apps - help and support - Using the Dyson Link app. I need guidances to clean the machine TP09 😞

Hi @Lucikana,

Would you be happy to provide additional details on the trouble you're having with your unit currently? Based on your description, we're not clear on the problem you're experiencing. It potentially sounds like you've been able to connect your machine to the Dyson Link app, and data is being recorded, but you're having trouble controlling your machine. Is this correct?

Hi @Lucikana, 

This section of the app would not go over cleaning your machine, and will be a general help section with a few brief resources which include "What is the Dyson Link app?" "How to add a machine to the Dyson Link app" and "How to remove a machine from the Dyson Link app."

In this case, if you are looking for info on how to clean your machine, we generally would advise changing out your filter as recommended by your machine. Outside of filter replacement, the outside of the filter shroud can be cleaned with a soft cloth, or vacuumed out with a soft bristle brush attachment – or just a soft bristle brush on its own. 

I've also included a resource from the community to provide additional resources on cleaning your machine. Alternatively, instructions with a visual on cleaning your unit may be found by clicking the settings icon at the top right corner of the main control page of the Dyson Link app. The main page is where you will control your machine directly, and see your air quality, readings. Once you click on the settings icon, instructions can be found by selecting the third option, titled "using your machine." You may then select the fourth option down titled "cleaning your machine" for additional information.
An additional recommendation for the unusual error being experienced would be to reset the mobile device being used to see if this helps in resolving the issue.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Alternatively, we also welcome you to contact the country specific Dyson helpline number listed on your machine. In this case, it looks like you may be located in Malaysia, from what we see on your public profile. I've included contact details for you as well below, if you prefer.

https://www.dyson.my/support/contact-us