Which Dyson purifier is best for a large commercial space? | Dyson Community
Solved

Which Dyson purifier is best for a large commercial space?

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m looking for an ultra-quiet purifier for a 1500 sq ft meeting room, approx 20-30 people, for best possible Covid protection.

It needs to be quiet enough for lectures and conversation.

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 November 2023, 11:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @efsunderland , 

Depending on where you are in the world, I suggest following the development and release of Dyson’s Big+Quiet Purifier. https://www.dyson.com/air-treatment/air-purifiers

Purifiers large open spaces, low noise and an adjustable airflow. I’m unsure if it would remove Covid specifically, but it claims the removal of 99.97% of fine particles. Maybe the new Community Manager can comment. 

David. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @efsunderland,

If you’re planning to use your machine in a commercial meeting room space, our new Dyson HEPA Big+Quiet™ Formaldehyde could work well for your needs. It’s our quietest, most powerful air purifier yet - with low noise levels of just 55.6dB at its maximum setting. For the size of the space you’ve mentioned, we’d recommend using two machines.

Dyson air purifiers capture viruses, including the SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 virus*. It is important to keep in mind that while an air purifier can help reduce airborne virus concentration, we can’t guarantee protection from any infection or disease.

You can find out more on our website: https://www.dyson.com/commercial/air-treatment/hepa-big-quiet-formaldehyde

Dyson purifiers were challenged with airborne SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) at an independent lab, in a 0.37 m3 chamber for 90 seconds. Dyson Purifiers were also challenged with  Phi-6 bacteriophage (a surrogate to test SARS-CoV-2) at an independent lab, using a 30 m3 chamber. After 90 minutes at maximum fan speed, the airborne concentration in the chamber was reduced by 99.9 %. Real-life efficacy may vary.