Which of the Dyson V8 cordless vacuum's cleaner heads is best for the floor surfaces in my home? | Dyson Community
Solved

Which of the Dyson V8 cordless vacuum's cleaner heads is best for the floor surfaces in my home?

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

hi…

im a new user, can anyone tell me which brush head is fine for hard floors and which one for carpets/rugs…

many thanks 😀

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 6 December 2023, 14:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Morrissey,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson V8™ vacuum!

There are two main floor tools available for the Dyson V8™ vacuum, and your machine may have either or both of these, depending on which variant you chose.  

The motorised Dyson Fluffy™ soft-roller head is optimised to gently remove both fine dust and larger debris from hard floors. Soft nylon felt seals in suction while capturing debris, and anti-static carbon fibre filaments release clinging fine dust particles. It’s not suitable for carpets, but it’s a great choice for cleaning hard floor surfaces:

The Motorbar™ cleaner head has stiff nylon bristles to sweep deep into the carpet pile, to agitate and remove ground-in dirt and stubborn pet hair. There are also anti-static carbon fibre filaments to release clinging fine dust particles from hard floors - so you can use it for both carpets and hard floor surfaces. An inbuilt detangling comb automatically removes wrapped human and animal hair from the motorised brush bar as you vacuum, to minimise maintenance.

I hope this helps. You’re welcome to come back to us if you have any other questions about your machine!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply ..

You answer was so informative that I could easily identify which tool I needed …

I hope I’m on the right track now ..!!!

thank you 😀