Wool loop carpet - Dyson V12 | Dyson Community
Solved

Wool loop carpet - Dyson V12

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a new wool loop carpet and I’ve been told that I can’t use a beater brush head on it.

Apparently on the Dyson V12 you can’t turn the beater brush off, is this correct?

Which head should I use without damaging my new carpet?

They recommend using a suction head only - does this exist on the V12? Or do I need to buy a new vaccum? Given it cost £500 I’m hoping there is a solution with my current machine!

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 February 2024, 13:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @jbtayloreves,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! 

We’d always defer to the carpet manufacturer’s recommendations here, as they’re best-placed to recommend the correct way to care for their flooring product.

As you’ve mentioned, the Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum includes a motorised brush bar which runs continually in use, and we don’t current manufacture a compatible passive suction floor tool for this machine. The motorised brush bar plays a key part in effective performance on hard and carpeted floors.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you in this instance.

Hi Jack

On your website against this product it specifically quotes the below on the page for the V12:

‘The power to clean anywhere’

‘Lightweight, versatile Dyson cordless technology weighing just 2.2kg - for easier cleaning on all floor types’

This therefore seems to be false advertising, as I bought this vacuum specifically because it says ‘anywhere’ and ‘all floor types’ on the purchase page.

For over £500 I now have a redundant vacuum cleaner, and the carpets I have (wool loop) are very common and are not unusual in any way and you have advertised this product in a misleading way which breeches trading standards (as below).

I would appreciate if someone can contact me asap to discuss next steps as soon as possible to resolve.

See detail below: 

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you cannot mislead or harass consumers by, for example:

• including false or deceptive messages
  • leaving out important information

Can you please suggest k

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @jbtayloreves,

If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, you’re very welcome to chat directly to our UK Customer Service team. 

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!