My Purifier Humidifier water tank level isn’t decreasing, what can I do? | Dyson Community
AIR TREATMENT - COMMON QUESTION

My Purifier Humidifier water tank level isn’t decreasing, what can I do?

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Whilst not always obvious, there can be a handful of reasons which prevent your machine’s water tank level from decreasing. These are the common areas we suggest you check.

1. Evaporator - Has the evaporator been installed? 
    • A trickling or gurgling noise can be heard if the evaporator is missing. In this instance install it in the machine.
  2. Water tank - Check that there is sufficient water in the water tank.
  3. Display screen - If the display screen is grey in colour, the humidity will be paused. When actively humidifying it will be blue.
  4. Current humidity level and fan speed - Check on the current humidity level. If it is lower than your target, increasing the fan speed should help speed up the process

If everything above looks in order and increasing the overall fan speed has made no difference, we’d  recommend running a Deep Clean Cycle. Read how to do this on our Running a Deep clean cycle article.

Should you still need help, feel free to post a question to our wider community. The best place to do this is in our Ask the Community forum.

Alternatively, simply head directly to Dyson’s online support using our Guides and manuals link. Select your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine.

2 replies

We bought  a Dyson Air purifier Humidifier + cool last June 28 2023 and after 3 weeks I noticed that the water is not decreasing. I believe the evaporator is install because the unit is new. the water level is almost at the max, the display is in blue and doest’n display any error, I’ve tried that 4th point and still the water is not decreasing. Also when the humidifier is functioning well there was no mist coming from out. I didn't do deep cleaning cycle because the machine is very new.

Userlevel 5

Did you give their support/diagnostics a go? I think it suggests calling them if there’s nothing else obvious.