My Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging. What can I do? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

It’s best to start by identifying if the cause lies with the charger, your household electrics, or your Dyson cordless vacuum’s battery.

Is there an issue with my charger or household electrics?

When your machine’s trigger is pulled and the battery has a flashing indicator light, this generally indicates the machine has insufficient charge to switch on.

Sometimes, this can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause a poor contact and would result in lower charge levels. To loosen the charging pin for removal, push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket.  

Now, plug the charger cord directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. If it isn’t, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the machine is being charged without the use of the wall bracket, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the light still isn’t sustained, it could indicate an issue with the charge. To ensure this is the case, please follow the online Troubleshooting option on the local Dyson website. Simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If the light is sustained, wait the adequate time to charge your model and retest the machine.

Is there an issue with my machine’s battery?

To help diagnose a potential fault with the battery, Dyson cordless technology is designed to produce a pattern of lights. These lights which appear at the pull of the trigger, provide diagnostics to help identify where the issue lies.

Troubleshooting via the Dyson Support pages will help you accurately diagnose these lights, and provide a resolution. To get started, simply use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

Why might my battery have failed?

There are several variables which impact overall battery lifespan, including how each individual machine is used, stored and maintained. Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners include a 2-year manufacturers guarantee which covers the battery, and we’d expect the battery to last at least that long. 

Related Community Articles:

Understanding Battery Degradation

Be the first to reply!