Dyson Corrale™ straightener - Flight mode, how does it work? | Dyson Community
HAIR CARE - TRAVEL

Dyson Corrale™ straightener - Flight mode, how does it work?

• 5 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How to fly with your straighteners

Airline approval is required if you're travelling with a battery-powered heat-producing product. 

Cordless straighteners are in this category, so we recommend contacting your airline before you travel. Explain that your straightener has a Flight-ready feature which isolates the heaters from the battery, to meet ICAO regulations.

Whether you have a Two-pin or a Four-pin Flight-ready tag, we have easy to follow steps to help get your Straightener Flight ready. 

Two-pin Flight-ready tag

Two-pin Flight-ready tag
  1. Before packing your straightener—remove, rotate and replace the Flight-ready tag with the black arrow in the Flight-ready position.
  2. Press the Power button and check an aeroplane icon appears on the screen.
  3. Close and lock your straightener, then place it in its Heat-resistant travel pouch.
  4. Store in your hand luggage, not hold luggage. 
  5. Leave the Flight-ready tag in the Flight-ready position throughout the flight.

Four-pin Flight-ready tag

Four-pin Flight-ready tag
  1. Before packing your straightener, unlock it and remove the Flight-ready tag.
  2. Press the Power button and check an aeroplane icon appears on the screen.
  3. Close and lock your straightener, then place it in its Heat-resistant travel pouch.
  4. Slide the Flight-ready tag into its protector to keep it safe.
  5. Store in your hand luggage, not hold luggage.
  6. Leave the Flight-ready tag disconnected throughout the flight.

YouTube

The Dyson YouTube channel hosts a vast amount of content that can support on this process. As well as those that provide tips on using, maintaining, and getting the best out of your Dyson machine. Simply use the on-screen search option or navigate through the playlists to start viewing these.

6 replies

Has anyone had experiences of flying with Virgin or TUI? 

It’s the first time I’ll be taking my straightners overseas and having had a conversation with Virgin I’m not filled with confidence. 

Thanks in advance all

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Has anyone had experiences of flying with Virgin or TUI? 

It’s the first time I’ll be taking my straightners overseas and having had a conversation with Virgin I’m not filled with confidence. 

Thanks in advance all

Yep!!! One of our girls flew with TUI in September. She’d told the travel agent she’d be taking these at  booking and had to pack them in her carry on luggage. 

When you travel with straighteners in hand luggage do you need to put charger in hold?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

When you travel with straighteners in hand luggage do you need to put charger in hold?

No - The flight tag just isolates the battery. It is irrespective if the charge is present or not. You can’t even use the charger on airlines. If you’re really worried, check with the airline before you fly 😁

Thank you Emma - sounds like it will be ok to have charger in hand luggage but will check with TUI desk before flight! 👍

My wife bought the dyson corrale in japan, BIC Camera Store. The seller said that it can bring on airplane then we dicided to buy.

The Dyson Corrale are two pins. And it does makes hair pretty.

But when we are travel back to indonesia, the immigration of japan took the dyson because the rules said cannot bring the dyson to airplane.

Also search for the flight mode cannot be found in the Dyson Corrale.

Tried to unplug, tried to umplug and turn the arrow up. Also wont show the airplane mode

Its still brand new in box for 3 days.

Are Dyson made bad version of it ?