My password link has expired, what do I do? | Dyson Community
TUTORIAL

My password link has expired, what do I do?

• 10 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

After following the password reset process, an automated email will be sent to the email used at the time of registration. This is the one Dyson hold on the system against the account.

This email provides a step-by-step process on resetting the password, including an interacted link, which will need to be selected to begin the process of resetting the password. This link is only valid for a 24 hours period

If by click this link, an error message appears stating, "We're sorry, but the link you're looking for is no longer valid", this is usually caused by the following:

1. The password reset link has expired as the 24 hours have elapsed.
  2. You do not have an account registered with this email address.

To rectify this, please request a new password reset, ensuring you have entered the correct email address. 

Reset your password

If you are not able to login to your Dyson account, you may need to reset your password.

Select the ‘forgotten your password’ link presented on the login scree, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.

Please note. If the password has recently been changed, a 30-minute period will need to pass before you are able to log back into the account. Multiple failures logging into the account (4 or more) will result in the account becoming locked. The account will remain locked for a 30-minute period.

To read more about the ‘Password’ timeout, please visit our ‘Security feature - 'Password' timeout’ article.

MyDyson™ App - Two factor authentication

After successfully resetting your password, at login you’ll be prompted to enter the two factor authentication code. This authentication code will be sent to your registered email address every time you log into the app. 

To read more about this authentication code, please visit our ‘Login - Two factor authentication’ article.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!