Introducing the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener | Dyson Community
HAIR CARE

Introducing the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener

Introducing the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

With the launch of our latest hair care innovation - the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener - we’re excited to expand the Hair care category here on the Dyson Community to incorporate this exciting new machine.

Wet to dry styling, with precise airflow. No hot plates. No heat damage.

Learn how to get started, switch between styling modes, and complete routine maintenance. Here’s a summary of everything that's new and that’s changed:  

We’ll be sharing even more in the days, weeks and months ahead. Check back regularly to see what's new!

Find out more about the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, by visiting our Dyson YouTube channel or watch our Discover the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. A new way to straighten video below. 

To be among the first to hear when the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener will be available in your market, don’t forget to visit your local Dyson website.

23 replies

Heya @Stuart 😍! OMG Love it! Dyson have raised the BAR!!

It’s 110% YES from me! No HOT Plates - No burnt ends! Thank you! 

I already can’t wait for it to launch in the UK!!

Ariel 😙

x

STFD! It taken curly hair to straight! with so little fuss! Dyson have done it again!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Noice! Another MUST have for the four females in my house! Thanks Mr Dyson! 🤣

Userlevel 5

Great innovation. 👏 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not going to lie, this is pretty cool. The 2005 Wet2Straight straightener walked so Dyson could run. 🤣

My hair is naturally wavy/curly so I’d be interested to see how this works on my post-shower beach waves. Usually I go straight to my Supersonic/Corrale to get the straight, blowout look on my pretty difficult, thick hair. While the Corrale is definitely better at heat control/damage than my previous hair straighteners, I’m wondering how this will stack up in regard to straightening power and post-use feel. If it gives the same look as the Supersonic/Corrale combo in one machine, then my suitcase will definitely be lighter next time I’m traveling! 

May have to give this a try in the coming months, once there are some more reviews on how it can handle hair similar to mine. If anybody has similar hair (Type: 2B2H1S), let me know, would be interested to hear how it’s working out for you! 😊

Great innovation. 👏 

At it’s finest. Dyson technology is second to none. This new innovation is going to make owning a Dyson a status symbol once again! Congratulation Mr Dyson!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey y’all! My mothers ordered one stateside. She’ll be sending me every picture possible! I can’t waiting for the UK release! x 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Very excited to get hands on once released in England. Online publication and impression are super positive. I’d really love to hear firsthand feedback from anyone that has used it more than once or twice! Please share!! 

Heya @Stuart 😃

I read that I don’t need to dry my hair at all before using the airstrait! It sounds too good to be true! Is it? 

Thank you kindly. 

😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Heya @Stuart 😃

I read that I don’t need to dry my hair at all before using the airstrait! It sounds too good to be true! Is it? 

Thank you kindly. 

😍

Hey @Bluejeans83

Thanks for asking 😁!

It’s true! Although we do recommend rough-drying before sectioning your hair to straighten. This can be achieved with the Airstrait by harnessing the high-velocity airflow to straighten wet hair as it dries.

Our Dyson Airstrait™ straightener - Styling article includes three videos showing just how styling and drying works. Gives these a watch and let me know what you think.

Stuart

Does anyone know when the Air strait will be available in UK? I heard that in Australia will be launched in 2024...I don’t understand why at least they cannot provide like an expected period for customers to find this tools in stores and online...This is an expensive items for sure, and I believe lot of people have to plan before to afford a payment of £400-£500 for this. 😑

Does anyone know when the Air strait will be available in UK? I heard that in Australia will be launched in 2024...I don’t understand why at least they cannot provide like an expected period for customers to find this tools in stores and online...This is an expensive items for sure, and I believe lot of people have to plan before to afford a payment of £400-£500 for this. 😑

I’d love to hear when it would go on sale here, or even a subtle nod to an expected period! Bing and Google return no results 😓! I’m hoping for Christmas time!!

With the unveiling of our latest hair care innovation, the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener in New York. Which straightens and dries hair simultaneously, from wet. With no hot plates and no extreme heat. We’ve excited to expand the Hair care category here on the community to incorporate this new product.

From sharing our ‘Getting started’ videos, articles that explore the Wet and Dry styling modes, through to those that cover general maintenance, here’s a summary of everything that's new and that’s changed:  

We’ll be sharing even more in the days, weeks and months ahead - do check back regularly to see what's new!

Find out more about the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, by visiting our Dyson YouTube channel or watch our Discover the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. A new way to straighten video below. 

To be amongst the first to hear when the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener will be available in your market, don’t forget to visit your local Dyson website.

Typical me.  Just purchased yesterday an existing product to now and read about this.    Well will have to save up again for when it launches in uk.    Looks so heavenly and probably so much better for me to use as a disabled lady.    The hairdryer fly away add on is amazing btw 

Badge

This looks like my dream tool. We love our Supersonic, and Airwrap. Now I need the Airstrait for my lazy and early mornings. 
I have ashy platinum blonde hair, and my daughters have long hair. Preventing damage is extremely important. This seems like a great alternative to a regular straightener. I wonder how fast the 3 of us could get ready with this, as time is limited on school days!  
I appreciate Dyson inventing these products that are now necessities in my home! Keeping human hair nice, and vacuuming hair everywhere from our 3 dogs. 

If anyone has this, please let me know how you like it compared to the other dyson hair tools! :)

OMG , super excited.   now what's a priority… this new gadget or a second fan.  spoilt for choice but it has to be this as I am struggling with one hand now to use the other style.   

I’m saving all I can and am so excited for when I can afford this!  The videos look amazing and I can’t wait for all the time I will save in the mornings with a one step process.

I wish I would have known this was coming! I saved up and finally got a Dyson airwrap in December. I like it, but it doesn’t completely straighten my hair. I still have to use my Chi straightener afterwards. Guess I better start saving again!!

Release announced for UK/ EU AirStrait? 

I have grey, very fine,frizzy hair. I live in Southern CA where the sun and hard water take a toll on my greys , which end up as yellow. I purcahsed the AirStriaight and it works that I have decreased by Corrale straigthener usage AND this has saved my natural grey. Now I will be  leaving for a visit to the EU and UK… and I’ll say it I would purchase one to use there, EXCEPT I can find a release date. PLEASE provide!!!!!

Release announced for UK/ EU AirStrait? 

Nothing yet - My daughters have me paying close attention. @Stuart has been posting/sharing when big items drop. I’ve sure he’ll do the same for this. When it’s ready! I’m hoping it’s here in time for Christmas..

I have one for use in US and although its a splurge, one to travel with in Europe would be grand. Your daughters will love it !!!! @Stuart I wonder why the difference in timing of release in US, and Europe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have one for use in US and although its a splurge, one to travel with in Europe would be grand. Your daughters will love it !!!! @Stuart I wonder why the difference in timing of release in US, and Europe?

Hey @Aurora, we’ll be releasing the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener to other countries in the future - but we can't give away any dates just yet.

I recommend keeping an eye on our Dyson website for the latest information and following our Instagram page for updates. 

Once I have more to share, I’ll post an update on the community homepage 😁

Thanks, 

Stuart

I have one for use in US and although its a splurge, one to travel with in Europe would be grand. Your daughters will love it !!!! @Stuart I wonder why the difference in timing of release in US, and Europe?

Hey @Aurora, we’ll be releasing the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener to other countries in the future - but we can't give away any dates just yet.

I recommend keeping an eye on our Dyson website for the latest information and following our Instagram page for updates. 

Once I have more to share, I’ll post an update on the community homepage 😁

Thanks, 

Stuart

It is not just the lack of dates that is frustrating your EU and UK customers, obviously it’s seems counter productive from both a customer care point of view and a sales point to deliberately keep both prospective customers and your loyal customers in the dark about when, if ever, you plan to release the air strait worldwide. However, to add to the frustration, Dyson have not been transparent about WHY they have not been able to launch in the EU/UK when they’ve already launched in the US months ago.