2 week old Dyson hot + cool air flow direction switching no longer working - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

2 week old Dyson hot + cool air flow direction switching no longer working - Suggestions?

• 23 September 2023
  • 2 replies

We have a Dyson Purifier hot + cool formaldehyde a couple weeks old, we used it as a fan mainly for a few days of light use.

today we tried it on hot mode, however it started to divert air to the back, when we tried to change this from the remote we hear the motor trying to change it back which made a bit of a rumble and nothing happened!

The strange thing its giving cold air at full speed coming out the back but the front gets hot but no air… and if we have it on cold cold air only comes from the back and we cant change  it.

things I tried

New batteries
resetting the Dyson
turning it off and on again 
Trying it on different angles
Making sure the firmware was up to date

But nothing fixes it, its just been in the same place for a few weeks, we don't have kids or pets, for a £700 heater it hardly lasted a month! im really up set about this as I bought this one as thought its a good one and will last at least several years.

has anyone had this happen to them before or know how to fix it?

Although im thinking best things to do is to return it

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 September 2023, 10:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @JasonVill89

Not a great experience after only a few weeks! Let’s see if I can help point you in the right direction to have this fixed. 

The directional airflow should be controllable via both the physical remote and within the Dyson App. If this issue is only present on the physical remote, then a replacement one would be needed. In the instance it is not controllable using the In-App remote and the physical remote, then this indicates a error on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and an exchange / repair would be best.

In either case, you’re best option is to contact your local Dyson channel and discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Remote and main button was all fine, before this happened when you pressed it the air flow will change from the front to the back and you will hear a smooth motor switching it, but now it will rumble and vibrate and make some grinding sounds. in the end I took it back to the store and they exchanged it with the same one, I just hope that this one last longer, The store took a look at it and said that theres defiantly something wrong with it and replaced it on the spot, so happy days for now, hope this one will last longer!