Connecting Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool to Wi-Fi | Dyson Community
Solved

Connecting Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool to Wi-Fi

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve changed my broadband router.  I now have a Draytek Vigor 2766.

Try as I might, I cannot get my Dyson Purifer to connect to the Wi-Fi.  I’m aware that it won’t connect to a 5Ghz signal, and I’ve configured the 2.4Ghz Wireless LAN.

I’ve been through all possible “modes” as follows:

• 11b only
  • 11g only
  • 11n only
  • Mixed (11b & 11g)
  • Mixed (11g & 11n)
  • Mixed (11b & 11g & 11n)

It will NOT connect to any of them.  I just get an error message telling me that there’s been an error connecting.

What could I be missing?  It connected perfectly well to my previous router which broadcast the same SSID and was accessed with the same password.

Suggestions please?

DBK

icon

Best answer by Stuart 18 September 2023, 13:06

View original

4 replies

@DTBK  You may need to fully reset the machine and start anew if your networking equipment has changed.

Let’s try this: Reverting your air treatment machine back to it's factory settings | Dyson Community

Factory reset

If your purifier has been plugged into a stable power source for over one hour and the selected readings still do not show, we advise that you perform a factory reset.

Press and hold the power button on both the main body and the remote control.

Continue to hold the buttons until the LCD screen shows a countdown timer.

Once the countdown has been completed, the machine will have reset.

Your purifier will turn on automatically. Leave your machine running for one hour to perform self-calibration.

Note: By resetting the machine, your Wi-Fi network details will have been removed and your purifier will no longer be connected to the Dyson Link app. You will need to restart the connection journey.

@DTBK  You may need to fully reset the machine and start anew if your networking equipment has changed.

Let’s try this: Reverting your air treatment machine back to it's factory settings | Dyson Community

Factory reset

If your purifier has been plugged into a stable power source for over one hour and the selected readings still do not show, we advise that you perform a factory reset.

Press and hold the power button on both the main body and the remote control.

Continue to hold the buttons until the LCD screen shows a countdown timer.

Once the countdown has been completed, the machine will have reset.

Your purifier will turn on automatically. Leave your machine running for one hour to perform self-calibration.

Note: By resetting the machine, your Wi-Fi network details will have been removed and your purifier will no longer be connected to the Dyson Link app. You will need to restart the connection journey.

Hi Adam,

So, I’ve done all of what you describe now, multiple times, all without success.

As a test, I disabled Wi-Fi on my Draytek Vigor 2766ac and then set my original Netgear D6400 back up as an access point.  With all the previous Wi-Fi settings still configured on that, it works and, I can connect the Dyson to the Wi-Fi seamlessly.

If I revert to the Draytek Vigor though (I’d rather be using a single device than multiple) it won’t connect to the Wi-Fi whatsoever.

What could possibly be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

DBK

@DTBK. I’m sure you’ll either need to remove the product from the App (removing Cloud save data) or update the WIFI password in the app settings. Might be an answer here. Changing my broadband/router

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @DTBK

Sorry that you’re encountering some issues when reconnecting the machine to your new router. 

The advice shared by Adam and Charlie is along the same lines that I would have recommended. Starting with (1) Changing my broadband/router and then moving into (2) Reverting your air treatment machine back to it's factory settings

Failing the above, a ticket may need to be raised with our IT/Cloud team to investigate why you’re now unable to connect. To do this, please contact our local customer service team and discuss the next steps with them. 

To get started, Visit Dyson.com, selecting the ‘Support’ option from the top navigation bar. Once there, navigate to the ‘Contact Us’ section of the page. 

Thanks, 

Stuart