Dyson air purifier does not connect to fiber optic internet | Dyson Community

Dyson air purifier does not connect to fiber optic internet

• 16 December 2022
  • 2 replies

• 0 replies

HOA recently moved us to Summit fiber internet and the Dyson air purifier will not connect. According to customer service at Dyson, it is not possible for my expensive Dyson unit to connect to my internet nor my phone. There is no software update from Dyson to resolve this issue.

Just giving a heads up to anyone thinking of buying this expensive unit. If you want to monitor your air in the house or monitor your filter, be sure it will connect to your internet. Please note mine did connect prior to changing services. It’s ridiculous in this day and age that Dyson cannot fix this problem. I asked customer support to file a complaint, but we know that probably  won’t happen.

This is my second bad experience with Dyson. Previously a humidifier needed service, but they said they don’t do that and I had to trash it. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

ElectricSlide 1 year ago

Ohh gosh! What a nightmare you’re having! I am thankful my provider only uses the very outdated 1990 telephone lines with no more than 1mb!

One very silly questions from little old me.. Have you check their little old knowledge area for an answer before posting? I think you’ll find one to this very predicament!

Maybe one these have an answer you've not yet considered! 🤳

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hey @dag. I am on Virgin fibre and haven’t had an issue with either robot or purifier. Are you sure this isn’t an issue with the router? I had to change mine to duel band. Just an idea. 

Userlevel 4

Ohh gosh! What a nightmare you’re having! I am thankful my provider only uses the very outdated 1990 telephone lines with no more than 1mb!

One very silly questions from little old me.. Have you check their little old knowledge area for an answer before posting? I think you’ll find one to this very predicament!

Maybe one these have an answer you've not yet considered! 🤳