Dyson AM09 Fan - Cooling mode | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson AM09 Fan - Cooling mode

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Fan won’t go below 33 degrees. Needs to be at 32 degrees for cooling. Is there a way to reset the device?

(Edited by Moderator - Tags Added, Title Amended)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 January 2023, 13:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Bobbi 

Can you let us know which model you have so we may better answer your inquiry?

@Bobbi

Have you read Why isn't my Dyson fan/purifier cooling my room down? | Dyson Community?

“”

They aren't designed to lower the room temperature - they cool you, not the room. The cooling effect comes when the smooth stream of air is projected from the amplifier, and passes over your skin. This is called ‘Wind Chill’.

Kirby.

It is AM09. Older model, the temperature reading on the device for cool air has to be 32 degrees otherwise it will not blow cool air.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you’ve set it to AUTO or have it in heat, switch these off. It will then start blowing cool air. 

@Bobbi heating and cool on the older Dyson tech isn’t the same as their latest tech. Heating and cooling s work exclusively of one another. 

To start cooling, you’ll need to select the blue button on the remote. Increasing the fan speed.

Dropping the fan speed down in the heating, will only switch the heat off (where it’s below the local temperature), increasing it will switch it back on.

I took the below image from their user manual - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/air-treatment/fan-heaters/am09.

Jay