Dyson Purifier Cool - screen has gone blank | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Cool - screen has gone blank

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

The screen on our air purifier has gone completely blank. The fan still works and when you use the app you can see the air quality data, so it seems like everything is still working except the display. I’ve checked that it’s not on Night mode and pressing the i button on the remote control doesn’t change anything. I’m stumped!

icon

Best answer by Stuart 28 October 2022, 08:40

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Tom_Witney 

This would stump me!

You’ve checked all the areas I’ve seen suggested on other posts. Brightness and cycling the different displays. 

Have you tried a product reset?

If you have, and it didn’t fix it, I’d be tempted to reset the product back to the factory settings. This might revert any software bugs or intermittence with the display screen. 

Charlie. 

Thanks Charlie! I’ve tried both to no avail - I think it could be a hardware fault maybe

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Tom_Witney 

@Charliebrown had the right idea. We’d always suggest a power cycle and/or a product reset in the first instance. This usually reverts the machine to an earlier state, helping to rectify any issue. 

In this instance, it does sound like a possible hardware issue. However, our local team would need to run through diagnostics with you to help identify the exact cause.

Please can you get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thanks, 

Stuart