Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde PH04 humidifier no longer working - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde PH04 humidifier no longer working - Help!

• 15 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Novice Member
  • 3 replies

The humidifier worked fine last year. Started up this year and nothing. Runs and asked to clean when everything brand new…ran the cycle anyway…Replaced all filters, reset, reinstalled the app and still nothing. Any help please?

(Moderator Edit - Tags Added, Converted to Question)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 January 2023, 21:23

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @SLVH,

Could you clarify how your unit doesn’t work? If you cannot power on the device at all, it could be the main PCB problem or there might be something wrong with the adapter.

Just to let you know, it depends by country as Dyson have the power system inside the machine, so you would not have an adapter with you for PH04. 

Another commonly found defects for PH04 would be the water pump problem, for this, you need to change the tank’s lid. 

As it seems to be an unusual issue, I highly suggest you to contact the Dyson Support. I would say there is a high possibility of getting your unit inspected.

Hope this helps,

Jay

@SLVH 

Have you followed the information across these posts?

'Power Cycling/Restarting' your air treatment machine - Returning it to the out of the box state

Running a Deep clean cycle - This should push through any built up sediment.

My Purifier Humidifier water tank level isn’t decreasing, what can I do?

You might have missed something when you did you own checks.

Kirby. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much for the many thoughtful answers. I am sorry because from them it sounds like I did not really fully explain the problem. To begin with the machine worked great the first year. If it picked up anything that needed to be purified, I was able to actually first see it on the machine on the screen graph and then hear it speed up and increase fans or whatever to solve the problem…be able to see it also on the app graph as a change in color. Would continue until the machine resolved the issue. On line have seen this can be common after first year, and people ended getting up replacement machines…where it happened again. :(. Anyway I brought to Dyson store and he said even though it was flat lining always on machine screen app…he tested and was fine. The app was not the reliable one and not to pay attention to it. Disappointed after long drive but what can you do?   Now time to use humidifier which worked perfectly last year. I had it turned off for summer. Actually doing that froze the machine and stuck the screen…Dyson representative told me how to restart the whole machine…which fixed the issue. The Dyson representative at the store again started it up. When I arrived home had to go through all that again and factory reset. All straightened out.

Winter and wanting to use humidifier. Filled up and uses no water. I had it set at 70 percent, as the store inspection rep did to get it going.Stays at 36 percent. It asked after awhile for a deep clean.I had just run one at the end of season so just allowed it to go through the cycle. That did not help. Bought a new,  I think it is called evaporator…(orange filter that you deep clean )and that did not help. Tried a factory restart and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked. As I read the suggestions, the only one I have not tried is replacing the tanks lid…. Also I just want to say I have contacted MANY TIMES Dyson Support. They had me replace all the other filters ,do a factory restart and take to Dyson Store for inspection. I HAVE DONE ALL AND EVERYTHING SUGGESTED. Yup a bit frustrated. Getting over covid and drained…after paying this much money…buying all these parts and tired…buy another part now…I still have a year left on warranty…would that cover cost of buying and replacing the tanks lid does anyone know please. 

Just wanting to say I sincerely appreciate the help supplied here by each of you. Means a lot to me. Thank you!    Hehe…meanwhile my iPad had to be replaced….and the battery on this one too is worse than the one I had replaced…oh well…knowing the answers are available and will find them… eventually… 🙂

(Moderation Edit - Unmarked best answer, returned to open question)

You’ve been through the thick of it. A lot of inspections, replacements and restarts, it’s still no better. 

In answer to your question, Yes. Because you’re within the warranty, they should replace any faulty/inoperable parts free. I don’t think you should spend out any more money! There is a catch, you can’t order parts for free online, so it’s another call or WhatsApp conversation. 

I really think there’s a case for a replacement machine, especially if you are inside the warranty. Maybe you could argue this point or even suggest it. I’m sure their terms show either a repair or replacement as an option. The repair has clearly not worked! Maybe one of the mods can help? I know @kellym is super active and always seems up for a challenge 😁!

On a personal note! My wife and I had covid over the New Year, I’d say we’re still suffering the effects today. It’s nasty and I hate to deal with service issues at the best of times. It’s good you’ve come out the other side fighting.

Kirby.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for your quick response. I am thrilled to have the humidifier working again and will see if anything happens having cleaned (vacuumed) the 4 sensors. Says to give it 24 hours. Also your kind response really lifted my heart! Thank you so very much! Hoping both you and your wife are on the continued road to recovery. 2nd time for me. Not nearly as bad the 2nd time. Right now we are actually in the middle of a snow storm. SO GRATEFUL to have the humidifier working. Warmer… :)