Dyson Purifier humidity +Cool - Humidity help | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier humidity +Cool - Humidity help

• 9 June 2022
  • 9 replies

My bedroom is way way too hot. Since turning the Dyson on 6 hours ago the temp has gone up from 23 to 24 degrees and even though humidity is set at 50% it refuses to drop below 63%.

It's a bloomin expensive purchase to be hotter and more uncomfortable. What is the issue?

Help

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category and added Tags)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 10 June 2022, 15:12

View original

9 replies

Hey @MRSPTP 

I remember a similar post, where someone had an issue getting their humidifier to go up to a level. 

Let me see if I can find it.. 

I found it - Humidifier - Humidity Issue | Dyson Community

I think the below extract might help!?

Please review the following 5 points. These will help make sure the machine has the correct setting to reach your humidity target and that the environmental factors are covered.

1. Check that the Humidity is active and hasn’t been switched off by mistake. The current room humidity will show in grey, and the target humidity will be in blue.
  2. Check that the humidity level in the room is above the target you’ve input.
  3. Check the local environment. Make sure that doors and windows are closed, and air conditioning units are turned off during use. If new air in constantly introduced to the local environment, the machine may struggle to increase the overall humidity.
    • As you’ve set the Humidity to xx%, this is very important. 
  4. Check the machines position. Make sure there is enough circulation on either side of your machine and that it is placed away from radiators, draughts, and/or air vents. 
  5. Increase the fan speed and monitor the humidity over time.

Pete.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the Dyson humidifiers only increase the humidity in the space and not decrease it. For that you’d need to buy a dehumidifier.

They also only move the air around. It doesn’t act as an air conditioning unit.

I’d consider the placement of it in the room and the possibility of either closing windows in the house or opening them, based on the outside temperate. The more free the air flows the better. 

Good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @MRSPTP 

You might find that in the warmer months, you are not wanting to increase the humidity in your space. This can increase the room temperature. You are able to have the machine set to purify only, and can disable the humidification feature, and you should notice a vast improvement in the temperature of your room. Further, while your Dyson will work better than your average bladed fan, they do not contain Freon and won’t cool your area like an air conditioning unit would do. 

If you need to review the steps to disable the humidification this time of year, you may find those details by locating your machine here: Guides and manuals

We hope this is helpful!

Thanks @kellym, can we purify and use the fan at the same time though? Everytime I select auto purify the speed of the fan goes off? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @MRSPTP 

When using your Dyson in auto mode, it’s going to remain on, until the room’s target air quality is met. At that time, you won’t feel any airflow from the loop of the machine, but it’ll remain on in the background, continuously monitoring the air quality. If there is a dip in air quality, you’ll feel the fan kick on again as the machine begin to purify the air. If you wanted to have the fan running all the time, you wouldn’t want to have it set in auto mode.

Thanks @kellym, can we purify and use the fan at the same time though? Everytime I select auto purify the speed of the fan goes off? 

The mods nail it!! 

I switch between auto and 3 - 5 fan speed, especially over night. Otherwise I hear it getting louder throughout the night. 

It’s personal preference for sure.. 

Kirby

When set to automatic, the temperature in my bedroom increased 9 degrees overnight with the humidity only 53%.  The humidity may make it feel warmer but by itself is not going to raise the temperature. This means the operation (motors, etc. ) of the PH04 is producing heat & thus raising the room temperature.  Also, since the humidifying function of the PH04 is evaporative I don’t see how it could raise the temperature. If anything. I would expect it to have a slight cooling effect. 
Dyson, please find a solution to this very real problem.

The Dyson is just an air purifier/fan.  I would seriously consider investing in a portable air conditioning unit if you are needing to bring temperature down.

I rarely have this fan in auto mode as the fan only kicks in when there is a dip in air quality (apparently using my witch Hazel toner is a cause for the purifier to jump into motion!) 

I have found the max 10 air speed isn't quite as powerful as a traditional blade fan, so doesn't bring relief.  I haven't had an opportunity to try the heat yet, but I'm currently not quite seeing the value of this Dyson.