Logitech Harmony & Dyson HP07 (Using a 3rd Party remote Control) | Dyson Community
Solved

Logitech Harmony & Dyson HP07 (Using a 3rd Party remote Control)

• 5 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Logitech Harmony 950 Universal Learning Remote and I’m trying to learn the commands from my Dyson HP07 to declutter my numerous remotes.

As it is, the Dyson remote commands will not be learned by the Harmony remote.  On calling Logitech, the conclusion was to request the Pronto Hex Codes from Dyson so they can create a compatibility with the HP07.

However, calling Dyson Support seems to confuse them as how to answer the question and where to find these “special codes”.

So, I’m asking here, where can I get the Pronto Hex Codes for my Dyson HP07 so I can send it to Logitech and make my device compatible?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 6 January 2023, 14:38

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

I investigated this a few years back. Looking at ways to control my Purifier without the remote and without using their App. 

Results were exciting but a little beyond my expertise. I would of had to use an interface to talk to their Cloud. The Reddit home automation forum helped answer that. I’ve still got the link in my browser (I should really clear that up).

Reddit - Home Automation 

Have you looked on this forum - Avforums - Hex Codes for Harmony Remotes

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @GroupV

Great to see you’re so passionate about controlling your Dyson. 

Dyson products aren’t compatible with the use of 3rd party remote control systems and we wouldn’t be able to provide any information on how to programme our controllers. 

We do however have a few ways in which our users can control their machines and integrate into Smart Home products. 

1. Using one of the compatible Voice Assistant available to the market, either Alexa, Siri or Google. Creating a series of bespoke commands and/or routines to communicate with Connected machine. 
  2. Downloading and utilising the unique features available through the MyDyson™ App. The App doesn’t just allow for the virtually control of the machine, but enables the use of a host of other unique features. Such as review air quality graphs, software information, viewing the products filter life, all the way through to creating a 7-day schedule and more.. 
  3. Using the physical remote control, which magnetically attaches to the top of the machine. This storage option should hopefully make it easier to locate the remote and keep it from cluttering other areas of the home.    

I know this wasn’t the answer you were hoping for, but I do hope it help to highlight the other ways you can control your machine. 

Thanks, 

Stuart