My brand new HP7A wont connect to the MyDyson app | Dyson Community
Solved

My brand new HP7A wont connect to the MyDyson app

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

My brand new HP7A machine won’t connect to the MyDyson app. I select to Add Machine, then it presents screen titled Select Your Dyson Machine with all the product categories listed e.g haircare, floorcare, air treatment etc. I select air treatment and then it gives two mock images of different machines telling me to pick the machine which most resembles my own. The bottom picture with the graph resembles mine so I select that, then get a screen that says “To begin please switch on or place on charge”. My machine is on, so I click continue and then get a message that “We’re having trouble detecting your machine”. I select continue again, then confirm my wifi and Bluetooth on my phone are on. I select continue on this screen and next get a screen which says “Connectivity could be disabled” and to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and a wifi symbol will appear. No symbol appears and I get stuck in the same triage loop. 

Can you guide please? The documentation in the box has faulty links to the HP7A manual - the webpage doesn’t exist and the QR code webpage also doesn’t exist. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 January 2023, 09:26

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

@OrlaF

Thank you so much for reaching out, we understand you machine is not able to connect to the Dyson App. The model HP7A machine unfortunately does not come with the Wi-Fi functionality. The machine has an autoreact function, meaning the machine automatically sensors the air quality and then provides the level of purification to clear the air of any harmful odors. With this being said the machine unfortunately would not be able to be registered on the Dyson App. The sensors and reports, automatically three sensors constantly monitors your air diagnosing pollutants and a molecular level and displays live air quality in real time.

We have attached a link with full details and specification of the model below. 

https://www.dyson.co.uk/air-treatment/purifier-humidifiers/dyson-purifier-humidify-cool-auto-react/dyson-purifier-humidify-cool-auto-react-white-silver 

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out. 

Hi @heradien.5 

Thanks for the reply - so there is no way to schedule the machine to come on / off at certain times, view reports or control the machine using the apps digital remote? That’s a real regression on Dyson functionality compared to previous models. 

The HP7A was sent to me as a replacement for my faulty HP04 - customer care never once mentioned the regression of functionality in the HP7A from the HP04… Wow I’m super disappointed and quite annoyed at customer care for hiding this. 

I bought the HP07 in late 2020, it’s crazy that a model for sale 3 years later for a higher price tag has less functionality. 

Thanks again for replying. 

Hi @OrlaF  

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.  

Thanks, 

Hi @heradien.5 

To be honest it has been a complete battle to get a resolution for my faulty fan from customer services - my Dyson pure hot + cool fan was collected early October for repair. When I followed up for feedback in early November the customer service team informed me my fan was irreparable and they then told me I had to check their website regularly and let them know when a replacement fan was available so they could ship it - so daily I had to check the Dyson site for a machine which looked to match the spec of mine. This was a really tedious process for a customer to have to do when it should be the companies responsibility that the fan was faulty in the first place. After 100 days I finally got the HP7A after I had to ask for it is a replacement but as I mention, no one in customer services volunteered the info that the HP7A was not a match for my HP04. 

After such a long tedious and stressful process to just get this model I’m not going to subject my blood pressure to having to contact customer services again!!

I would recommend that Dyson update the information on the HP7A webpage to clearly state that the app does not work with this model as it is not clear currently.

Regards, 

Hi @OrlaF

If you can share with me the country you are in, I will make sure I feedback your comments regarding the online description directly to that market. Highlighting your feedback.

Should you still need help regarding your machine or feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number. 

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide.  

Thanks,