Purifier Hot + Cool HP07 Undesired Pausing When Temperature Reached | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Purifier Hot + Cool HP07 Undesired Pausing When Temperature Reached

• 23 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Maybe this is a strong opinion, however I believe that pausing the machine when the desired heating temperature is reached is not ideal. 

Using the app, can we provide users with the ability to either:

• Pause when temperature reached, or
  • Switch to fan (cool) mode when temperature reached

The idea for this is so that the fan is always running so that you don’t lose the white noise (which is very distracting at night).

Obviously the logic to re-heat should still be the same; re-heat when temperature drops too low.

Thoughts?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @pxwee5,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here!

If you’d prefer for your Dyson heater to run continuously while heating, the simplest solution may just be to raise your target temperature. This would likely cause the machine to run for longer, although the exact heating time would depend on a number of factors including room size and level of insulation.

As the unheated airflow has a cooling effect on users, switching to fan-only mode when the heating target is reached may not be to everyone’s liking - I appreciate your point about offering users the choice via the MyDyson™ app. Dyson heaters have been engineered to avoid needlessly using energy when not heating to or maintaining your selected target temperature.

I’ll be happy to pass your comments along for you to the right people!

Hey Jack, 

Thanks for passing the comments along. 

Some of us (especially new born babies) sleep better if there’s white noise. I think having a choice to automatically switch between cool and heating mode would really be beneficial for a large group of people.