connecting to the 360 Vis Nav locally via mqtt does not work anymore | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

connecting to the 360 Vis Nav locally via mqtt does not work anymore

• 25 June 2024
  • 5 replies

hello!

at some point in April 2024 there was a FW update that seems to have broken my ability to connecto the device locally from MQTT.

Doesy anybody know the nature of the change?

The local credentials are still avialable but it just seems to now work anymore. 

Jack, do you know anything about this?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @mixtralllm,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this!

I’m not sure what the answer is here, but I’ve reached out to our engineering and Connectivity team to see if they have some further information. I’ll let you know when they respond as quickly as I’m able to.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to know how you noticed a change in your experience, or what impact it’s caused?

Badge +1

Thanks Jack, I really look forward to know more when you find out.

The ability to connect to the device locally allows me to have basic control of the device, without the app and without internet when I'm in my.out house that has spotty and really bad internet.

Now,  i cannot do this anymore 😫 

Badge +1

hey Jack, hope you’ve been well. Just wondering if you had some information about this. Cheers

Badge +1

Hi Jack,  would you happen to know anything about this? Thanks 

Badge +1

Hi @mixtralllm,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this!

I’m not sure what the answer is here, but I’ve reached out to our engineering and Connectivity team to see if they have some further information. I’ll let you know when they respond as quickly as I’m able to.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to know how you noticed a change in your experience, or what impact it’s caused?

hello, reaching out about this, if you had any information. thanks @Jack