Auto mode on standby | Dyson Community
Solved

Auto mode on standby

• 30 September 2021
  • 2 replies

We recently bought a Hot+Cold Formaldehyde Purifier. The air quality in our home is measuring surprisingly well considering our city location, so we have had the machine on standby but on ‘continuous monitoring’.

Should the air quality worsen, will the auto mode turn the machine on to start purification? Or would we need to leave the machine on for this to work? Is there any benefit to leaving the machine on at all if the air quality is good and the temperature is mild (British Septembers don’t usually need fans or heaters!)? 

Any thoughts welcome!

icon

Best answer by Stuart 1 October 2021, 12:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello @Fran 

welcome to Club Dyson!

I think there is an article on Auto Mode and how it works with Continuous Monitoring in the knowledge base.

@Stuart should be able to help point us in the right direction, I am having trouble copying article in from my phone. Surprising technology isn't my strongest forte.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Charliebrown thanks for tagging me. 

@Fran Welcome to the Community and congratulate on your recent purchase. 

In answer to your question, yes. With Auto Mode set the machine will enter a standby/idol state once the target air quality has been reached, only switching on again when the air quality levels have drop. Depending on the severity level of the air quality, the airflow speed of the machine will also increase. The good thing about using this feature is that your machine’s filter life won’t decrease whilst the machine is in this standby/idol state.

If you wanted to understand more about your home environment when the machine isn't on, the continuous monitoring is a great feature to have active. It allows your machine to collect environmental information and displays this to your App on interactive graphs.

There are a couple of interesting articles you can read through in our Knowledge base which I’ve highlighted below: 

1. Viewing your machine's air quality graphs
  2. Using Continuous monitoring
  3. Using Auto mode

Hope this helps answer your question. 

Thanks,

Stuart