fan doesnt turn off when temperature is reached | Dyson Community
Solved

fan doesnt turn off when temperature is reached

• 30 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I have and hot and cold pure. I set the temperature at 20 degrees and set it going. The room can then get to 25 + without the fan switching off (I know this as it heats my daughters nursery and she has a room thermometer.) does anyone know why this is happening. It just doesn’t seem to turn itself off when the temperature is reached? 

(Edited by moderator – tags amended)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 31 October 2021, 10:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Davrich1884,

My initial thought here is that your machine is in both Auto mode and Heating. If it is, here is what can happen; 

When your machine is set to Auto mode, it will purifier the air in the environment down to its auto target. This is expected.

However, if you also have the heating function active and set a local temperature set (20 degrees in your case), once the heating temperature has been met, the machine will continue to purifier the with cool air. This is until the auto air quality target has been met. Once both of these target are met, the machine will enter its idle/standby state. 

Should there be a drop in the temperature or a spike in the air quality above the targets, then the machine will start to product either the hot or cool air again. 

Is this what you are experiencing? 

Thanks,

Stuart