Feedback and suggestions | Dyson Community

Feedback and suggestions

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello! Just a few features that would be very nice to have.

Need to be able to control machines from a web interface / web page from web browsers, so that they could be controlled from desktop computers as well.

More integrations such as with IFTTT would be really useful.

Need an option to get notifications/alerts as emails as well, such as filter replacements and malfunctions, not just as mobile notifications.

There are no Android widgets for the mobile app.

It would be convenient to be able to choose the app's home screen so that the first screen that opens up could be the remote controller screen.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @coman 

Great to see our owners creating topics about new features and functionalities.

Whilst we cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, we do regularly review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. And with each release, we aim to fulfil some of the requests that are made.

We are also very aware of developments within the Matter Alliance (https://buildwithmatter.com/). Using it to see how it could enhance the user experience and improve the integration of our products in the future.

I will highlight this topic and your suggestions with our development team in the next planning increment and by doing so, it will be used to support us to continually developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Thanks,

Stuart

On this view (on iOS)

Is it possible to show if it's on cool or heating mode. 

As the fan hasn't been used during the afternoon, I've come home turned it on, and the temp shoots up as it registers, looking as though it's in heating mode.

Just in these energy conscious times would be nice to know. 

Great suggestion. It would be good to track when the machines has heated.

Clicking on the (?) highlights that this ‘temperature’ screen tracks the indoor temperature. Doesn’t say if it include the machines heating mode.  

Can I highlight that my HP07 doesn’t heat without me actively setting it into that mode. The home-screen of the app shows me when it’s heating. If your worried about cost, like I am, can I suggest you do the same as me. I’ve change my schedules with the heating mode set and don’t use auto heating.

Good luck.

Pete.