how to change cool air to warm on auto mode | Dyson Community
Solved

how to change cool air to warm on auto mode

• 2 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have the DYSON PURIFIER HOT+COOL FORMALDEHYD model and I have it on auto all day and night. My problem is it continuously blows cool air and can get very draughty during the day and the room gets cold in the night.

So recently I’ve turned it off at night time but surely this shouldn’t be the case. Is there a way I can adjust the temperature so it’s warm at night and preferably during the day. 

Many thanks in advance,

Terry 

(Edited by moderator – tags added)

icon

Best answer by Lord of Bathtubs 5 November 2021, 12:21

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Terry Bass 

Great to read that you want to understand more about your machine.

There are a couple of articles in our Knowledge Base which can help you here. 

1. Scheduling your machine
  2. Using Auto mode

I’d suggest setting a schedule that includes a minimum temperate and leaving the machine in auto mode. 

With both heating and auto mode enabled, its worth noting the following: 

When your machine is set to Auto mode, it will purifier the air in the environment down to its auto target. This is expected.

However, if you also have the heating function active and set a local temperature (20 degrees for example), once the heating temperature has been met, the machine will continue to purifier the with cool air. This is until the auto air quality target has been met. Once both of these targets are met, the machine will enter its idle/standby state. 

Should there be a drop in the temperature or a spike in the air quality above the targets, then the machine will start to produce either  hot or cool air again. 

Alternatively, just create a scheduled with the heating function set. 

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Hi Stuart and many thanks for your reply, but although I understand your answers and I’ve also read the two following links that you suggest:Scheduling your machine and Using Auto mode, I’m still not finding the answer to my question. 

If I want to keep my room temperature at say 20 degrees and I leave my machine on auto, when the temperature drops below 20 degrees, the machine will come on and heat the room up until 20 degrees is reached and then return to idle. 

My issue is that when the machine is at idle, it blows out a cool breeze which I don’t want, because it’s draughty and I’m getting old. So my question is, can I adjust the breeze to a warmer temperature so that I don’t get a draught. If this is not possible then I’ll have to leave it switched off or not have it on auto. which defeats the point of having auto in the first place, as it’s suppose to be helping my health, but a draught in the room is doing the opposite.

Regards Terry 

Hi @Terry Bass 

I think your only solution would be to set your minimum temperature higher than 20 during those cold and drafty nights but that probably presents the problem of heating the room too much. Unless you’re able to find that perfect temperature e.g. 24 where the passive filtering air (this should be room temperature) doesn’t drop the room temp so much that your feeling a cold draft at night sleeping 😴. 
Perhaps an auto heat setting at your perfect temperature and turning OFF the auto filter mode during those typical sleeping hours. At least from what I read above and my knowledge of the idiosyncrasies of technology that’s what I’m gathering. 
Stay warm!

The Lord of Bathtubs

Hi Terry,

I definitely know what you are talking about. The air that blows out whether in purify, cool, hot or purifier+hot  does not matter what mode it is in, nor does it matter how high the temperature is set to,  the air blows cool.

I suggest switching the machine to blow from the back. That works great for me. At bedtime the night mode works great even with front flow on. 

I do wish there was a better and/or real solution. 

Vickie