PH03 and temperature settings - How do I use heating mode? | Dyson Community
Solved

PH03 and temperature settings - How do I use heating mode?

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have PH03 new user. Set it up to run everything on auto mode to start. I am not finding where I can adjust the temperature as I found that it is blowing cold air so I like to adjust so it blows out heat instead.

Thanks in advance.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 24 February 2023, 22:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Simon Ma 

Welcome to the Community, we’re happy to have you here.

When using your machine in auto mode (purify), it takes away the indecision over which airflow level to use, to counteract indoor air pollution. In this mode, your machine will monitor and react - all intelligently! While monitoring air quality, your machine will pause when the target air quality has been reached, and it will switch on again when air quality levels drop. Airflow speed will also increase until the target air quality and temperature have been reached - read more on this in our own ‘Using Auto mode’ article.

When using auto mode (humidify), the on-board sensors adjust the setting of the machine according to both temperature and humidity in the room. 

The model that you have, however, is not a heater and will not blow heated air into the room. While you can control the airflow speed, you would not be able to select a specified room temperature. Having said that, you do have the airflow function and direction options. You can press the airflow speed button on your remote, to increase/decrease the airflow speed. To change the flow of air, so that the air is directed out the back of the machine, you can press the airflow direction button the remote control - This is also a feature available to you in the Dyson App.

As a recommendation, if you’ve not already done so, I suggest downloading the Dyson App and connecting the machine to it. There are a host of additional features available to you once you have, including the option to control the purifier remotely, view air quality graphs and much more. These two article should help you get started:

1. Downloading the Dyson App
  2. Adding a machine to the Dyson App

Thanks for the reply..all I wanted to confirm that there is no heat function. Because I leave it on auto purifier and humidifier mode, I find it often too cold. So what I end up doing is night mode. Don't know if that's what it's for but I generates more cool air than I'd like.

Simon

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Simon Ma

Give Why isn't my Dyson fan/purifier cooling my room down? a read. If you’re in direct line of the air, try adjusting the speed.

Sam.